lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
terminatortim
Not Yet Wild

Default g1 weak spark

hello, i have gone through my g1 engine almost completely, and it comes down to this. i have an unoriginal coil, i have just ordered a new factory #'d one. My best guess is that the spark is too weak to ignite the fuel. So replacing the coil is my first guess.
If this does not work, i was told to check the igniter, i do not believe the g1 has an igniter. looking at the g1 coil source1 , and the pulser assembly. I cleaned out a lot of dirt in this area, put back together but im wondering if the rotor magnets need to be the right distance from the coil source/ pulser. It seems to be a large distance away, perhaps the magnets are worn !?
again weak spark is the main issue.
terminatortim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
terminatortim
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g1 weak spark

hey guys, just thought i would let you know i did resolve the weak spark issue.
it was the infamous black box (cdi). I ran a volt ohm test and everything checked out except the high voltage to ignite the fuel. so i followed advice from member kwest0425 and built a box for $35.00. I had torn everything else down already; carb, fuel pump, oil pump etc. so when i put the box on the cart ran perfect. had a slow leak in r.f. tire from rotted sidewall, luckily i was able to get a tire from my uncle for free. been driving her around since. I am real happy with the gas cart vs. electric (way too much money for batteries). I sure did learn a lot about this cart trying to get it running i can say that. I will upload pics soon. thanks for looking and i hope this helps someone in the future. and thank you kwest0425
terminatortim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha