lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Extreme Team 48V 10ah Installed and Results

I waited to write this post after I have been able to use my cart a few times with the new Extreme Team 48v 100ah pack. When the battery arrived, it was low so I couldn’t get a reading off of the 48 volt side, and the 12 volts side would not cycle on. I figured I just needed to charge it, and sure enough, as soon as I started charging it, I was able to connect to the BMS via bluetooth. After charging, I was able to get good reading off of the 48V side. I would turn on the power to the 12 volt side and get good 12 volt readings as well. My cart is out at my cabin, so it had to wait a week before installing, so i took some time to create some wires with Anderson connectors to get it ready to drop into the cart. Overall, I bypassed my OBC, re-wired the solenoid and the controller to the battery with the new wires. I added in a USB and DC power outlet and connected those and the lights to the 12 volt side.

I ended up taking out 6 batteries and replacing it with this one, which saved me about 250lbs. With the old batteries, I had modified torque curve to get around my land a bit better due to the old batteries. With that curve setting, I found that the cart would jump as it took off, so I went back the the standard curve settings. With the old Trojan 8v batteries, after a charge, I could load my cart down with about 300lbs of stuff and ride around running errands on my land. This charge would last me about 2 trips before I couldn’t make it back up the hill without getting out and pushing it back to flat ground. With this new battery, I have made 15 trips around the land, and still have not had to re-charge it yet. It takes those hills without issues with the same load. This battery is top notch and I am very happy with it. I still need to clean up some things in the my battery compartment, but overall, I would like to be able to connect everything to the battery via an Anderson connector, so I can pop it out for the winter. I still have a couple of more wires to do but that’s the overall plan.
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team 48V 10ah Installed and Results

Thanks for sharing! My Extreme Team 48v 150ah pack ships out this week (ordered on 8-11-2021). I too will be using it out on rough terrain, so good to see the performance you are getting on hills.

Can you share some pictures of your install? I'm curious how others are strapping the battery pack down, especially for off-road use.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:34 PM   #3
DannyAdidas
Not Yet Wild

so these are on back order for 3 months? :(
DannyAdidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #4
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

I don’t have pics, but I just used the strap they gave me and looped it under the battery slots. My cart has an open bottom, so it’s really easy for me to just use the included strap.
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #5
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here is my setup. 48v 150Ah model for hunting vehicle. There was some room behind the battery (on the right in the picture), which allowed the battery to slide back and forth, even with the strap. So I filled in the space with a towel wrapped brick. Drove all around the ranch and the battery stayed in place.

Final install is much cleaner but forgot to take a picture.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you move the controller and solenoid to the battery compartment? If not, it is easy to do. I was able to use all my old cables, although two to the motor just barely made it. It make servicing and checking things so much easier.

I did not use the supplied strap with my ECO Battery. It just didn't seem secure enough. I used one of the old steel battery hold downs and rods to secure it.

You will need something longer though. A length of 1" steel angle and 5/16" threaded rod, nuts and washers will secure it well.

A photo of my hold down:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210825_132704_6.jpg (183.2 KB, 0 views)
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car