lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 PDS SRT-8 Build

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 2002 ezgo pds 36v that runs great. Well I have a big passion for modifying cars for appearance and performance.... So I guess you see where I am getting at with this. My girlfriend and I each have a Dodge Charger SRT-8 and I have a Chrysler 300c SRT-8. I bought this car for her and in doing so have come up with a few ideas. I am going to model it after her charger. Its going to have some 5 spoke 12" wheels with low pro tires and all that good stuff. I am going to paint it Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl which is the OEM color of her car. I have no plans of lifting and/or dropping the cart as of yet or messing with the drivetrain at the moment. I started out my project going to paint all the panels on the cart then decided to do it the right way. I started laying bondo and primer then once i sobered up realized I used the wrong stuff, that is when I decided to take the entire cart all the way down to the frame. So I am creating a thread to show you guys my progress and get help, tips and constructive criticism from the ones who know it best. The tear down has begun so lets start with pictures of beginning to now...

This is what I am starting with:

Started to sand with it on the body:

Was drunk and laid the wrong kind of bondo

I even primered over that crap I was so drunk and the Texas heat got to me and I was bored:

Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 PDS SRT-8 Build

Then I realized my mistake the next day and ended up with this:

More pics and progress to come. Scared to see what the frame looks like.......
Old 07-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lmao, when I first read the title all I could picture was a 5.4l Hemi in a TXT..... actually was scared for a moment....

Should be fun and yeah, I love that color you picked out.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It should come out looking good. Especially with low pro tires and badge! I'm Pretty **** excited about it. It's gonna take a while. Gotta do the boring stuff now like cleaning it up and what not.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
lmao, when I first read the title all I could picture was a 5.4l Hemi in a TXT.....
i'm not the only one
i did the same thing with the bondo on with my paintjob. at least you had enough patience to sand it back down and redo it.
its gonna look amazing when its done. good luck
jonnymoon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea I really don't have a lot of patience, but I just want to do it right. You guys have any ideas of stuff I can do or what I need to do while I have it all the way down to the frame? Any help would be much appreciated. Still tossing some finishing ideas around that are bugging the **** out of me, but we can worry about that when the time comes.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
lmao, when I first read the title all I could picture was a 5.4l Hemi in a TXT..... actually was scared for a moment.....
LOL...me too. I actually just bought my wife a 2011 Charger R/T 8 Max today. Man, is the 5.7 Hemi a hoss! Now, if I could just get my cart to run like that!!!!

Looking forward to more pics!!!
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Colt, it all depends on what you want to do with it.... Personally since you have it torn apart, I would go ahead and remove the batteries and flip it on it's side to clean the under side, while you are at it, if you want to install underbody lighting or anything else, now is a good time.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes both of our cars have the 6.1L HEMI and talk about GAS HOG! it sucks man, horribly. But hey its all a part of life. I have all the batteries out now and the main floor pan. I have all the wiring pulled out from the dash. There is a box thing in the middle of the cart that has a big wire running to it, not exactly sure what the hell it is. lol Working on getting that out. But yes main thing is going to be clean up and replacing shocks and tie rods etc. Pity stuff..... you know. I am more than likely going to put some under cart lighting. Nothing super awesome or anything. I have to long lights for the side and one short one for either the front or rear of the cart. Not sure where I am going to place these yet. Working on getting the dash off tomorrow and the controller out of the cart so I can really do some surgery!!! Now for some pictures....

Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

PS: IF YOU GUYS NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG OR THAT SHOULD BE CHANGED AND OR FIXED TO AID IN MY BUILD PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO SHOUT OUT. I AM OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO