lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #31
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium Nissan Leaf conversion x 2

HAC has a somewhat plug and play conversion. Call them and talk to Nick. Then decide if you are up to the task. The install is not all that hard but you have to be very careful when working with any charged battery system.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #32
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Jim C,

I know this thread is old, but I sent you PM about your build. I'm hoping you see this or the message. Thanks.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #33
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
Jim C,

I know this thread is old, but I sent you PM about your build. I'm hoping you see this or the message. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie
I saw your thread about your leaf build. couple of questions. What did you cut your aluminum sheets with? What did you use to secure them to the frame? Then, what did you use to secure your batteries to the sheets or frame? Everything still going OK with your batts?
I quoted your question from the PM, since it wasn't of a personal nature, to update and keep all the info in the thread in case it is useful for someone else.

I cut the aluminum with a 7-1/4" circular saw w/ 24 tooth carbide tipped blade (do not turn it around backwards)
I didn't fasten them I used a Urethane caulk and put them in to avoid potential squeaks.

I used some of the original brackets to attach it at the bottom. It had a tab in the center and was thrubolted thru the bottom of the batteries. I put this on ea end. The end toward the front of the cart I bolted a piece of aluminum to the pan with spacers to allow this tab to slide in. (as once batteries are in there would be know way of accessing it down there. If you look closely in the 2nd picture of this thread you will see the piece of aluminum bolted in.

the other end I threaded a bolt thru the aluminum pan and bolts the tab down which can be seen in the 3rd pic.

Since I couldn't remember the details I went out to check and also thought it would be a good time to check the balance 12 of the cells read 7.87 and two read 7.86. They have seen many cycles now too many to count. I also have to admit that I have ran it too low twice now. I don't know if it hurt them as I still havn't done any longevity test.

Still extremely happy as I have spent ZERO time on maintenance NO cleaning connections and watering batteries or cleaning up battery acid.

Oh ya here's another advantage I have had zero effect from the cold temps where as I did have issues a couple times with the LA batteries. I realize I'm in florida and don't know what cold weather is... and I intend to keep it that way!

I have checkd the balance maybe twice now since my last post here.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #34
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Great to hear another example of leaf cells maintaining their balance, seems to be working well for you.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #35
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
...I also have to admit that I have ran it too low twice now...
Are you no longer using that JDL meter to disconnect on low voltage?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #36
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks so much Jim C.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #37
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Are you no longer using that JDL meter to disconnect on low voltage?
Ha, I still havn't gotten it in.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #38
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
Thanks so much Jim C.
Your welcome.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:33 PM   #39
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Jim, one other question, what do you have holding your battery packs down?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car