lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: 05 CC Precedent 14 cell Leaf Lithium conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I'm hoping for 30-40 miles... but anything is an improvement over the 12.5 miles two days ago when the awe s**t light came on on the way home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I hear ya, I’m getting about 3 miles out of mine before hitting about 70% soc in a 1,100 lb cart. Plus I’m having to charge them up with a 12v charger in groups of two cause they’re so out of whack. They’re 4 yrs old and abused before I got them, so..
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

From my experience, 30 miles is reasonable if you aren't going super fast. Range drops pretty quickly with speed in a golf cart. I don't push my pack either on charge or discharge and I easily get over 20 miles of range without babying it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I get 20+ miles with ease on my pack.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #14
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I only got a couple of hours in yesterday which was mostly spent doing layout and planning. Want to mount my DC converter on top of my pack but was concerned about clearance with the seat. To be safe I removed and trimmed the end plates and top plate to get almost additional inch. I figured easier now than having to pull disassemble the completed pack. Its a tight fit but I am trying to keep as much space at one end of the pack for storage for an emergency extension cord and tow rope for my mother in law etc... I picked up a piece of scrap 1/4" lexan that I'm considering putting on the end of the pack as a divider/shield to protect the BMS using the 5/16" all thread as stand-offs.

Hopefully I will get time to do some drilling, mounting and cable making done today.

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #15
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

On the way back from Lowe's this cute cart that someone has for sale caught my eye... I still need to get a cart for the second Leaf pack. On Pingeye3's recommendation I started looking at the Ezgo RXVs...

Old 01-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That cart is a very good deal......
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #17
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Yes, very good deal imo.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #18
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That cart is a very good deal......
We are in The Villages which is probably one of the largest golf cart communities in the world, so drive past at least a half dozen carts with For Sale signs daily. But this one really caught my eye. I really love the DS without the factory light kits but prefer earlier years without the plastic covers on the rear quarters. I've already been planting seeds with my wife that I may need to build a third cart that would be strictly a fair weather bar hopper toy. It might need a few extra volts, series motor.... dream later... stay focused!!!

Love the look here but it would need the speed...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7-...&feature=share

Old 01-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #19
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I only got a couple of hours in yesterday which was mostly spent doing layout and planning. Want to mount my DC converter on top of my pack but was concerned about clearance with the seat. To be safe I removed and trimmed the end plates and top plate to get almost additional inch. I figured easier now than having to pull disassemble the completed pack. Its a tight fit but I am trying to keep as much space at one end of the pack for storage for an emergency extension cord and tow rope for my mother in law etc... I picked up a piece of scrap 1/4" lexan that I'm considering putting on the end of the pack as a divider/shield to protect the BMS using the 5/16" all thread as stand-offs.

Hopefully I will get time to do some drilling, mounting and cable making done today.

Looking good! I would think twice about mounting the controller there tho. It's going to be tough to get all your cables routed to it like that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #20
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Man- thanks for taking all these pictures and laying out your process. I hope I can get my CC DS to have this EXACT layout. Awesome work [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car