lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #1
Calcat85
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking to purchase a new cart.

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a brand new cart but would like a little advice on what would be the easiest cart to modify and or dress out. I have never owned a cart before and I am trying to learn a little before I make a purchase and learn later that I would have been better off with a different brand. I plan to use the cart mainly around camp grounds, my neighborhood and will also use it to haul small loads when out hunting. Speed is not a major concern of mine just the ability to add accessories or upgraded in the future.

The three 4 seater carts I am looking at that are available in my area are:
EZGO Express S4 2020
Club Car Onward 2020
Yamaha Adventurer 2020

These are all gas models and at this point the only electric I think I would consider would be the EZGO Express S4 4X4 or the new carts with the Lithium Ion batteries. This is only because there will be times I use the cart allot and then times I will not use it for quite a while and I read that the electric cart batteries like to be used.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section and let me know if I need to move to another area of the forum.

Thanks for any guidance provided in advance!
Calcat85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking to purchase a new cart.

I vote in this order:

1. Yamaha
2. EZGO
3. Club Car

I feel like Yamaha carts are built the best and are super popular, especially with the aftermarket.

One thing, a brand new cart may not have a ton of aftermarket parts available yet. Sometimes it takes a couple years for manufacturers to "catch up" and make new parts for new models.

On the other hand, some golf cart 2020 models might be the same as 2019, 18, 17 etc. so you might have an abundance of parts available.

My recommendation is to drive them all. Ask the dealer what custom parts are available. Buy the one you like the best.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
Calcat85
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I vote in this order:

1. Yamaha
2. EZGO
3. Club Car

I feel like Yamaha carts are built the best and are super popular, especially with the aftermarket.

One thing, a brand new cart may not have a ton of aftermarket parts available yet. Sometimes it takes a couple years for manufacturers to "catch up" and make new parts for new models.

On the other hand, some golf cart 2020 models might be the same as 2019, 18, 17 etc. so you might have an abundance of parts available.

My recommendation is to drive them all. Ask the dealer what custom parts are available. Buy the one you like the best.
Good info and thanks for your comments! The Yamahas that I am looking at are actually 2019’s so there is a price reduction on them. I just need to make sure what they show to have in stock on line they actually have on the lot. All these carts are selling like hot cakes recently and not exactly sure why.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:35 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Golf carts always sell well, especially in waterfront communities and campground areas.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:25 AM   #5
Calcat85
Not Yet Wild

Do you know anything about the Yamaha UMAX Rally 2+2? This looks like it has a little more towing capacity and payload over the standard cart. May work well for my hunting. Not sure what the G# is so I can see if there are lift kits and such for the UMAX. I like the front end look with the storage under the hood. (BEER)
Old 06-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/golf-c...max-rally-2-2/

It looks like it is already lifted...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
Calcat85
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/golf-c...max-rally-2-2/

It looks like it is already lifted...
I found a video on YOUTUBE and it says it has a 2" lift. I like that it has brakes on front and back but that is probably because it is ~300# heavier that the Drive2 cart. The more I look the more I like the Yamaha. Thanks
Old 06-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #8
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

My thought is Yamaha gas is the number one Gas cart to buy! But absolutely you must drive it for an extended period of time as a demo drive. If you read the electric car forums here you will see nothing but “how do I make it faster“ “how do I get more range“ “ how do I get it to move fully charged brand new batteries and it does nothing but click“ in my opinion electric carts are devices of the devil and extremely complex, again see the battery forums here. If you have a wife or a girlfriend do not let her go on a demo ride, all women hate the noise and smell of gasoline carT. If you can get past the noise and the smell Just buy it and tell her it followed you home
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #9
Calcat85
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
My thought is Yamaha gas is the number one Gas cart to buy! But absolutely you must drive it for an extended period of time as a demo drive. If you read the electric car forums here you will see nothing but “how do I make it faster“ “how do I get more range“ “ how do I get it to move fully charged brand new batteries and it does nothing but click“ in my opinion electric carts are devices of the devil and extremely complex, again see the battery forums here. If you have a wife or a girlfriend do not let her go on a demo ride, all women hate the noise and smell of gasoline carT. If you can get past the noise and the smell Just buy it and tell her it followed you home
I like the way you think! The wife said get what you want with in reason and I am not going to let any time pass as she will have second thoughts. Better those thoughts come after I make the purchase. LOL
Old 06-05-2020, 07:14 AM   #10
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

We just got a new Yamaha Drive2. The Quietech engine really isn’t very loud. Yamaha has a video online showing at cruising speeds it’s almost the same as electric and I believe it. Only time ours makes much noise is on a steep hill. Yamaha has fully independent front a rear suspension which I don’t think anyone else is doing. Ours rides nice.

Also for the EZGO gas stuff you should realize it looks like they went from the Kawasaki engine in 2019 to an in house engine design for 2020 called the TX1. They claim it’s quieter and more efficient, but it’s also the first year for an engine that supposedly is completely ground up new design. It’s much smaller and designed to turn more RPM to avoid the “thumper” feel you typically get.

Here’s a pic of ours
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9BF9036D-043C-4D59-9D37-A3A9144065E6.jpg (350.5 KB, 0 views)
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts