lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
gizmosinglee
Not Yet Wild

Default Few questions for G9 rebuild.

Hi everyone I started work on my rebuild and I have a few questions. I have a 1994 G9, which I pulled to engine today doing a rebuild. I got everything taken off but the flywheel and the "fixed sheave?."
How do I remove the "fixed sheave" and will I need to take the flywheel off to do the rebuild.
Also, can anyone recommend where to buy a puller for the flywheel and sheave?
Finally, can anyone reccommend a good site to buy the rebuild kit from?
Thanks for any info, i'm not much of a mechanic so all info will be greatly appreciated.
gizmosinglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Few questions for G9 rebuild.

To remove the fly wheel take the nut off.then with one hand pulling up on the flywheel.you can hit the top of the crank with a dead blow or brass hammerand she will shock loose.
I got lucky on my clutch it just fell off when I took the bolt off.they do make a puller to remove it.check one of the site sponsors as they sell them.
I can't tell you where to get your kit.I am putting a clone in my cart.
good luck
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
gizmosinglee
Not Yet Wild

Now i'm looking for a 14mm 1.0mm pitch bolt cant find one. Does anyone know somewhere online that I can buy one?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Universal_Mechanic
Not Yet Wild

Is there a Fastenal in your area? They have everything.
Universal_Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Universal_Mechanic
Not Yet Wild

Missed part of your question. We're always buy the parts seperate from yamaha. Were stocked up in fact, we do a lot of them :). You'll need:

Oil seal - clutch side
Oil seal - flywheel side
Crankcase gasket
Valve cover gasket
Head gasket
Intake valve seal
Ring set

You should:
Clean and lap the valves
Hone the cylinder
Check ring end gap, should be between .005" - .010". Any more than .010" I'll file down a set of .025" oversized rings to .005". Any more than .020" ring end gap, you'll need a machine shop to bore the cylinder .025" over and get an oversized piston. In order to determine cylinder wear, you need to install a standard compression ring into the cylinder and measure the end gap with a feeler gauge. Make sure to use the cleaned off piston to push the ring down a 1/4 of the way each timre and take 4 measurements, to ensure you do not have a taper worn cylinder, in which case you will need a bore job done.

Sorry to get so technical, but if you put new rings into a worn cylinder, it will probably still smoke (if oil burning is indeed your problem)
Universal_Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
gizmosinglee
Not Yet Wild

The piston that is in the engine has 25 on it, so I assume it has already been replaced once. I was hoping to get a kit that has all the gaskets, piston, rings, valves, seals all at one time. I figured I would buy the .50 piston and have the cylinder rebored.
Still trying to find a .14mm bolt, looked everywhere I live, hoping to find something online.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Unfortanitly, 50 over is the max for that Yamaha block (I know there are some that say they can be "resleaved") do as UM said and hone the cylinder and look for "score" marks in the cylinder and on the piston skirt's. Yamaha dealers have the advantage to put a new set of rings in, seat them and check for ring end gap. I like true Yamaha engine rebuild parts,because I'm a dealer,but if you want to save some money, I'd call or look at Tom @ www.cartpartsplus.com website. He carries alot of stuff and he is more then a straight shooter on price/delivery and service. He also has a primary clutch puller tool for sale.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha