lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Herbb2u
Not Yet Wild

Default motor won't stay running

Okay guys, I tore down my G-1 Engine and rebuilt it completely, now the motor runs good when I put fuel in sparkplug hole, but only runs for about a minute- do I have a bad fuel pump or Carb. ?? This cart is an 81 and has been setting for a couple of years. How can you test the fuel pump?? thanks HerbB2u.
Herbb2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
wheelsg1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: motor won't stay running

i had a similar paoblem with my 1980 g1 when i first got it and it end up being the float in the carb. might also check to make sure the pulse and feed line on the pump aren't crossed
wheelsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Herbb2u
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: motor won't stay running

Thanx wheels -I will take the Carb. off tomorrow and see how it looks. I bought this cart reasonable, but have had to do a lot of work on the engine. both bearings were bad on the crank and wiped out both the coils underneath of the Rotor. but I like a challenge. want to put a lift kit and new tires and paint next. Thanks HerbB2u
Old 08-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Herbb2u
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: motor won't stay running

You were right - I took the carb. apart and cleaned it up and the engine took right off drove it around today. everything seems to work okay- brakes seeem a little weak tho. will check them tomorrow HerbB2u
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha