lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #31
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 ezgo, 244cc robin 3pg, 1st (toy)cart issues.

You have a ripped lower diaphragm. That line should not have any gas in it.

Pressure from your engine is is blowing through the fuel line, and causing your carburetor to overflow.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #32
old231
Not Yet Wild

The original set up is for the center hole of the fuel pump to be fitted against the engine block, with gaskets, and the two holes in the flared or flanged tabs mount the fuel pump to the engine. Through the center hole, the pump activates the diaphragm in the pump body with the pressure and vacuum as the engine turns over. The gas line from the gas tank to the pump and then from the pump to the carb attach to either side of the fuel pump. (I will have to look tomorrow to see if there is an in and out.) Reattach the center hose to the 90 and disconnect the hose at the carb. Turn the engine over and see if you get fuel that far. Try to catch it in a container and not spray the raw gas around less we have a fire. From what you have described, I don't think the engine is actually flooding out since you said it ran for a minute and quit when you had the hose from the 90 disconnected. This means it is starting with what ever gas is in the carb. Hang in there. We'll get it.
old231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #33
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
You have a ripped lower diaphragm. That line should not have any gas in it.

Pressure from your engine is is blowing through the fuel line, and causing your carburetor to overflow.
+1...
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #34
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I posted these pictures a while ago, but nobody noticed. This is what is happening inside your fuel pump.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html
Old 11-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #35
mjm697
Not Yet Wild

Please help??

Ok, I just replaced the fuel pump, now the engine doesn't want to start? It's acting like it has a dead battery, but the battery cheaks out at a little over 12volts??? I checked connections? It will turn the motor over once if I let it sit for a couple minutes?? I learned my lesson once from jumping a lawn mower, I'm not doing anything till I hear from you guys?? I'm trying to stay cool, but this is crazy, really??? Thanks to you all. ..

Buy the way I opened up the older fuel pump, I saw no dirt or broken seals?? Have no idea if this will do the trick because I can't start it.lol
mjm697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #36
mjm697
Not Yet Wild

Motor will turn over with spark plug out, but no spark , when I put plug back in, engine will turn over once. 12volts coming from battery.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #37
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I would say put it on the charger for a while, and check that the battery connections are clean, and tight. That includes where the battery cables are bolted onto the battery connectors.

There is no correlation between the changing the pump, and not turning over, unless you bumped something loose.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #38
mjm697
Not Yet Wild

I agree, but battery isn't dead? 12volts is 12volts?? I m wondering if I had some intermittent issue before this?.. Barely turning over? What to check next? Battery cables are new and tight.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #39
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Put a meter across the battery posts, and turn it over. Lets see how much the voltage drop is under load. A static battery should be showing 12.9v, or a little better.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #40
mjm697
Not Yet Wild

I will do that when I get home later, I did jump battery, it turned over strong for a minute, I pulled spark plug and it was sparking? Did not start? I'm confused? Ha!, but will also check if carb is getting gas after replacing fuel pump?. Thanks. I should of just bought a darn go cart! Told the wife golf carts are more reliable, boy am I getting an ear full, thanks guys, I hope this pans out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO