lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel pump issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
I'm thinking I had mine out once, You could try taking some pliers and carefully pull up while twisting. Carefully!! You don't want to break it, I think mine has a hard plastic pick up tube. Maybe yours is broke off or cracked at 1/4 tank, Of course you could fill the tank and see what happens. IF it runs good again then either fix it or don't let it get that low LOL

Well after putting a little more gas in it this morning I’m 99% certain that’s the problem. Seemed to be running flawless and didn’t stall out or have trouble firing up.

Now I just got to decide what I want to do...it is pretty tempting just to leave it as I won’t be going on super long rides but 1/4 tank full sucks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #12
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Very good, Yeah it sucks that it's only good for the top 3&3/4ish gallons. But that's still not a bad range........

EDIT:
Hey Hey looky here, it might be screwed in and it's replaceable
https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-si...ycle-marathon/
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

good catch!

JB Weld will hold up to gasoline. If you have a crack in the pickup tube, pull it out and clean it off really well. Smudge on some JB Weld, let it dry and put it back in. The 5 minute stuff would work fine in this case, and would cure overnight for a quick $5 fix.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #14
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Awesome! Thanks to both of you!!

I’ll pull it out and see if it just a little crack and JB weld-able! If not, $25 isn’t a bad price for the peace of mind knowing I can use my full tank of gas! [emoji16]

Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #15
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
good catch!

JB Weld will hold up to gasoline. If you have a crack in the pickup tube, pull it out and clean it off really well. Smudge on some JB Weld, let it dry and put it back in. The 5 minute stuff would work fine in this case, and would cure overnight for a quick $5 fix.
I once fixed a float for a fuel gauge on a jet ski with JB Weld, Fuel gauge on a jet ski is very important lol. The float was a sinker so I coated it with JB Weld and turned it back into a floater again
Old 06-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
I once fixed a float for a fuel gauge on a jet ski with JB Weld, Fuel gauge on a jet ski is very important lol. The float was a sinker so I coated it with JB Weld and turned it back into a floater again

heh heh heh... he said floater... <insert beavis emojicon here>

I used it to fix the seat for the float needle on a carb for an old honda 4wheeler. Carb was no longer available and nasty. I messed it up trying to remove it, turns out that seat "looked" removable but wasn't. I goobered it up pretty good. Filled the whole thing with JB weld, drilled it out by hand so it was flat in the bottom again, and then drilled a new hole with my fingers on a drill bit to create a new hole for the needle to seat against. Worked perfect and it never had a problem!

Won't make that mistake again lol
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #17
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Holy crap now that's some surgery at it's finest right there......

Reminded me of the carb I worked on a few years ago, a buddy had a pos Hyundai golf cart that someone had broken off one leg for the float hinge pin. So I built up another one with JB Weld, filed it down to match the other one then drilled it for the hinge pin, Success!!
Old 06-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #18
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Haha! Thanks guys!

Got busy all weekend and it was driving great with a full tank so haven’t messed with it yet. But, thanks for the input and ideas I’ll let you when I get it fixed and post some pics of the tube to help others.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO