lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Fortdick
Not Yet Wild

Default Resistors are smoking!

Hello everyone.

I recently did some repair work on a 2003 DS 36v V Glide. I replaced all the batteries and had to replace the V Glide case. The case had cracked loose from the bolts that hold it to the frame.

When I finally got it all together, the right back wheel would spin while the cart was on jacks and the ignition was on. Lowering the cart and attempting to drive it, it was very sluggish and the resistors got hot and started smoking.

I pulled the V Glide to check the wiring and all was correct. I put everything back together and triple checked the wiring and all seems correct. The only wire that is not connected is the orange wire coming from the backup alarm.

Could it be an adjustment problem with the V GLide or maybe the resistor is bad inside? Could really use some help with this one. And if anyone knows where that orange wire terminates, I would appreciate some advice.

thx
Fortdick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car