lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2015, 08:19 PM   #101
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New xct400pds

The 500 has the cooling fan attached
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #102
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well that's it for me.

The 500 has the cooling fan attached, yea
The 400 is temporarily out of stock
It's only a $100 more
If I can get 2 more Crown CR 220 tomorrow, I'm in for the 500
Go big or go home
Can I or (Scottyb) dial this down, the 500, I have teenagers driving this cart
I'm assuming I can get 2 more 6 volts in the bagwell, tape measure says yes
Now I need 2 more 2 ga cables
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #103
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I can program it down and I can make the two 32" cables to the rear of the cart. Had one customer wanted the cart speed limited to 18mph. Johnnie figured out the rpm and I set it up.... now I need a minute to get the 18mph speed limit off my test cart LOL!
Old 06-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #104
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

FWIW: Attachment-1 is the default Throttle Linearization curve and Attachment-2 is what mine is currently adjusted to.
(Not a final setting by any means. )

I haven't driven it in town yet, so I don't know how easy it will be to maintain a steady 25 MPH on city streets or 15 or 20 MPH in school zones, but it does well at low speeds around the property.

I've got more experimenting to do, but I think I'm on the right track for what I want the cart to do. Docile enough to get in and out of confined areas and cruise smoothly at speeds under 10 MPH, yet has spirited acceleration when pedal is slammed to floor.
Attached Images
File Type: png throttle curves 6-1.2.png (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Throttle Linearization - JBB.jpg (164.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:39 PM   #105
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just a question but does the new XCT have a half speed pin? Could that be used as a two speed/acceration setup ? One for around close quarters and two for wide open? Similar to the Curtis 1268 but without the field change capabilities..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #106
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Just a question but does the new XCT have a half speed pin? Could that be used as a two speed/acceration setup ? One for around close quarters and two for wide open? Similar to the Curtis 1268 but without the field change capabilities..
It uses the stock PDS control wiring, so there isn't a separate 1/2 speed reverse pin.
However, you can program the reverse speed as a percentage of the forward speed.

It appears that there are future plans for multiple user programs, but at present, there is only one available.
There are two performance modes currently available, Golf Car or Hunting Buggy, but you need to connect a laptop to switch between them.

The attached schematic is the latest revision, with correct labeling for the F1 and F2 terminals and no pre-charge resistor.

----------
My guess is that Alltrax will eventually come out with an add-on touchscreen display that connects to the controller via the CAN bus (or USB) which will allow different users to be selected and if they are smart, it'll display things like speed, motor RPM, distance traveled and pack voltage, plus some other stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT -PDS.jpg (194.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Controller tab - top.jpg (114.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Controller tab - bottom.jpg (109.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2015, 09:10 AM   #107
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry my bad, I guess I was thinking series cart. The DCX has a reverse and horn pin but that is to tell it to go backwards and to sound the horn. On the AXE is for half speed.. Sorry, wishful thinking.. You would think it would not be too hard to add that feature and would be very useful for switching between kid and parent mode speeds... Come on Alltrax, Not like you have been busy
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #108
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The feature you ask about is coming. Currently it requires a 1 minute program change to go from user 1 to user 2 . The plan is to have that simple change on a switch or ?
Old 07-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #109
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Has anybody else notice this new control maintains the Ezgo 'Roll away protection' feature ? What a great feature that was lost with other controller upgrades. Just get out of the cart on a slight slope and if it rolls the cart beeps to tell you it is moving unattended, controller holds the speed to 2mph down the biggest hill, and stops the cart when the hill is not too steep.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #110
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Has anybody else notice this new control maintains the Ezgo 'Roll away protection' feature ? What a great feature that was lost with other controller upgrades. Just get out of the cart on a slight slope and if it rolls the cart beeps to tell you it is moving unattended, controller holds the speed to 2mph down the biggest hill, and stops the cart when the hill is not too steep.
I mentioned it in post#53 of this thread, but it was in the middle of a long post, so it was easy to overlook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Just about anything is better than a DCS controller.

However the advantages of a XCT over a DCX are still being discovered and cataloged.

One of the advantages if that the XCT interfaces to a laptop/desktop via a USB port rather than a Serial port, which few computers currently in use have, so a USB to Serial adapter had to be used and not all USB to Serial adapters worked. Also, the XCT can be powered on the bench via the USB cable while a separate power source and wiring has to be used with a DCX.

Troubleshooting an XCT is going to be easier because the XCT powers up when the keyswitch is turned on and with a laptop connected, you can see what the status of the other switches are, as well as error flags that are set.

The XCT data log files are more comprehensive than the DCX files.

The user has access more areas of the programming, so the XCT can be more finely tuned to your specific cart.

The regen braking is more effective, taking the cart all the way to a standstill, while the regen braking with a DCX dropped out while cart was still moving.

The XCT-PDS has as Anti-roll feature similar to Walk-away safety feature the Stock PDS controller has. (Something I just discovered.)

The XCT uses RPM data from the motor's speed senor to limit the motor's max RPM (user adjustable up to 8,000RPM). I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain if I'd had an XCT rather than a DCX a couple years ago, I probably wouldn't have exploded my stock PDS motor.

The technology used in the DCX is about twenty years older than was is used in the XCT.

As for raw cart performance, they are probably about the same. A 400A XCT is capable of a bit more low end torque than a 400A DCX because it will pass up to 460A for a short period of time while the DCX is limited to 400A.

I lost a few MPH off the top end when I went from a DCX to a XCT, but that is due to field mapping rather than the controller. I'll be talking to Alltrax and D&D about it, but from what I can tell so far, the field map used in the DCX was weakening the field further than the max weakening recommended by D&D, which gave me more RPMs, but a lot of motor heat. I have yet to measure the motor temps with the XCT installed, but I can touch the motor with my bare hand now and it would get over 225°F with the DCX, so it is running a lot cooler.

Objectively, the XCT will be the replacement for the DCX in the marketplace, like the SPM was the marketplace replacement for the AXE.

Tags
alltrax;400;500;pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO