lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Strange sporadic beeping while driving

Hello!
I just got my first golf cart today, a 2003 Yamaha G22AY (G-Max), gas powered. It's the first cart I've ever owned and I bought is used, from someone in The Villages. It's in beautiful shape for being a 2003 model.

It has head lights, tail lights, right/left blinkers, roll-down rain enclosure with a cool bimini part on the back. And one heck of a loud kick-butt horn! (I have never heard a horn so loud on a golf car!)

Today was my first chance to actually drive it. Mom and I were cruising down our dirt road and we were going to stop and turn around in a driveway. But first, all of a sudden, we heard this "beep!" Not a long steady beep, but a short beep and then a couple of shorter beeps, and you could tell they were not in a "pattern" if you will. Not a steady 'beep, beep, beep," but more like a "beeeeeeeeeep!" "beeeep" "beep" "beeeeeee" "bep." You get the idea?

I hit the brake and I believe I had left the right turn signal on. So I turned the signal off. I was trying to do a u-turn right there in the road, and ran out of room, had to back up. I put it in reverse, nothing happened. I put it in forward, nothing happened. Mom got off and rocked the darn thing. I finally got it to move and go. We took it home but now we are scared-- we do NOT want to get stranded like that last POS electric cart did to us twice! (It's embarrassing to have to have your neighbor tow you back using his quadcycle!)

This is our first cart. (The electric one I just mentioned belonged to a friend). So this IS our first ever golf cart and it is gas powered.

Please tell me--what was the beeping? The shifter was definitely in the FORWARD position. Was the cart trying to tell me something? Like I said, I THINK I had the turn signal on, but I'm not sure now! We were panicking because a car was coming and we had the road blocked, and we were embarrassed and didn't know what the beeping was or what to do!

I'm 48 and have never been able to drive a car because of my eyesight. And my mom is elderly with health problems. She bought me this cart so I can get into town and get bread, milk, the bank, library, etc. after she is "gone." We want to make sure it is reliable. I have no one who can help me repair it-- so please, any thoughts on this beeping?

It sounded like the beep of the backup-alarm, but we were driving full speed ahead, not reversing. Any ideas? Thank you so so much!!
blackberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Strange sporadic beeping while driving

Wish I knew the answer but maybe it's the reverse alarm.
I'd just disconnect it
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Golf carts from The Villages are usually in great shape. I don't think the issue you encountered is anything terribly serious, but difficult to diagnose based on your description. Do I understand you to say that you managed to get the cart at least running again, in forward and reverse?

Where is Ft. White, FL?
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:25 AM   #4
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
Wish I knew the answer but maybe it's the reverse alarm.
I'd just disconnect it
I would myself try to understand what is happening... and correct it.

Now true, all is unclear
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I'm guessing that the problem has something to do with the reverse beeper micro switch, causing the intermittent beeping.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #6
olson boy
Not Yet Wild

Does the cart have a turn signal stick? Is the turn signal lever in the center position? If not it may have a beeper hooked to the turn signal and that's what you're hearing.
olson boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
blackberrybunny
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you everyone. Sorry for my late reply. It was the chip. And also, my ignorance when it comes to owning my fist ever gas golf cart.
blackberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Gas G22A Yamahas have no "the chip" connected to the reverse beeper, so I'm not sure what could be going on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beeping
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha