lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 09:11 AM   #1
Sdl1018
Not Yet Wild

Default Clutch, Belt, or something else?

Last summer I bought a 92 club car from my uncle and when I got it home it ran just fine. Between covid and kids I was never able to take her on to the course, we just messed around with it around the house but it ran just fine. This summer I can’t get it to move, and she wants to. I changed the battery but that didn’t help. My uncle thought my clutch wasn’t engaging and somebody else thought it was the belt. A third party thought maybe I had a clog in my carburetor or air filter or something... After doing some of my own research it could be a plethora of things and I’m not sure where to start. Every time I google something I eventually end up here so I was hoping maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. It’s all very overwhelming. There’s a squealing which lead me to believe the clutch is slipping. The drive belt or the thicker one doesn’t move but the clutch does. I tried to upload a video but my phone doesn’t save them as the correct format, going to work on that throughout the day so hopefully I can show you what it is doing. If I don’t have to pay somebody to fix this, I don’t want to. I want to do it myself, this was an exciting purchase for me last year and I was very excited to slowly make her mine but I’m not a mechanic my dad is and he’s also 8 hours away and can’t help me even if he knew anything about golf carts, so be gentle with me here. This is all really new.
Sdl1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Clutch, Belt, or something else?

Welcome

Upload the video to YouTube and paste the link here. A video could show us more in 30 seconds than most people can explain in 30 paragraphs
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The engine is turning, but it's not running.
Check for spark. Check for fuel. Likely after sitting for so long the carb needs to be removed and thoroughly cleaned. Some fresh fuel filters and fresh gas in the tank won't hurt either.

Squealing is probably the starter belt or the starter. Check the belt for proper tension, it should feel pretty darn tight. If it's old and crusty looking or glazed (shiny on the V contact surfaces) then it would be good to replace it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #4
Sdl1018
Not Yet Wild

I can’t post links for another 7 days. It is on YouTube though. 😂
Old 06-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #5
Sdl1018
Not Yet Wild

What do you mean by check for spark and fuel? I did put gas in yesterday but I have a feeling that’s not what you mean.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #6
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdl1018 View Post
What do you mean by check for spark and fuel? I did put gas in yesterday but I have a feeling that’s not what you mean.
pull spark plug out, put it back in the spark plug wire, then hold against the head/the motor. see if it is sparking at all. you're looking for blue/white sparks

to make sure its getting fuel - see if the spark plug is wet / smells like gas when you pull it out. if not, make sure you have spark then dump a little gas in the spark plug hole. install spark plug again and see if it fires. if it does, you're not getting gas through the carb and you can work your way backwards from cleaning the carb, to replacing the lines, to possibly a new fuel pump
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
92 club car, belt, clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car