lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2022, 01:15 PM   #11
dalescartnogo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 RXV will only move "with assistance"

I am back troubleshooting this cart. We ran thru the Danaher trouble shooting guide that OJo attached (thanks for that) and didn't come up with any issues. It was hard to get correct readings for the bearing sensor since I don't have an oscilloscope.

So, I purchased a new bearing sensor and installed it, but still have the same problem.

To reiterate: with the cart on jacks, select FWD or REV and it sounds like it goes through normal start up sequence. Press down on the accelerator, the brake releases, and another sound like a "whirl" come from the motor -then the noise stops. Tire will not move by pressing down on the accelerator. Give the wheel a very slight rotation and the wheels spin and are controllable by the accelerator as normal.

Any ideas?
dalescartnogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #12
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any chance it could be something in the driveline after the motor? Motor running but wheels not turning? Just guessing.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #13
dalescartnogo
Not Yet Wild

Nope, motor seems to operate the wheels fine after a little nudge. With motor removed, drive train spins nicely.
dalescartnogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:54 AM   #14
Threeput
Gone Wild

Have you tried putting a voltmeter across the batteries...then go thru start up...press accelerator and see what the voltage is....you must do this with cart on the ground...when the cart is jacked up...the batteries are not doing any work
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:09 PM   #15
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't think I have ever seen a test procedure for the AC side outputs on the controller, other than resistance test, but I am thinking that it could possibly be a phase output issue. I will test this on a cart when I get a few minutes, but I would try putting your meter on AC, and comparing the output phase voltages when the throttle is applied.

In run position, rear tires off the ground, cart in forward, depress the throttle like a quarter of the way down. If I understand correctly it will begin hissing but the motor is not turning. Now gently check the voltage between phases. U-V U-W V-W. If you have went through the troubleshooting guide you have seen them on the front of the controller. See if there is a large difference between them, or maybe one phase is low. If you have an inductive current meter, you might clip it on each lead and see if there is a difference in the current applied to the motor.

I would also add that if still has the original main solenoid on it, I would replace it. I have seen them test good, but cause the controller to go bus voltage low preventing it from running. The problem solenoid would look like the one in the picture attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg badsolenoid.jpg (41.6 KB, 0 views)
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:27 PM   #16
treyclash13
Not Yet Wild

Double check the motor brake. If it’s knocked out alignment in that housing a little it could be hanging until that nudge get its back into place .
treyclash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO