lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2023, 04:54 AM   #51
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery Bluetooth BMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
All fair; now my question: what are you guys missing by not having the app that you really need?
There are old versions of firmware out there with known issues.

One example is the issue discussed here where the gauge turns off and stays off. Current fix is to disconnect the gauge wires at the gauge, then reconnect.

There are firmware fixes for this and other issues. But today only those with access to CAN programming hardware and the firmware itself can perform the upgrade. The app would allow all users to update firmware.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2023, 10:08 AM   #52
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good point on allowing for the firmware update.

I guess I just look at a bigger picture and wonder how many folks that want the app will really use it. My guess is most people (like me, with or without the app) will just look at their gauge for the info needed. I really don't feel like I am missing out on anything with my pack by not having the app yet, nor do I think it will be a major impact on my life once I do get it :)

In the end, just my thoughts; Happy Sunday all!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:13 AM   #53
Shanky
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Good point on allowing for the firmware update.

I guess I just look at a bigger picture and wonder how many folks that want the app will really use it. My guess is most people (like me, with or without the app) will just look at their gauge for the info needed. I really don't feel like I am missing out on anything with my pack by not having the app yet, nor do I think it will be a major impact on my life once I do get it :)

In the end, just my thoughts; Happy Sunday all!
I think the issue is tied to Eco actually saying in writing that the app was coming soon. I had a gauge issue last June with a new battery and was initially told by Eco to wait for the App, it was coming out shortly and that would fix it. Well the app never came, but 5 months later, Eco did take care of me by sending out a device to flash my BMS and fix my gauge, so I at least have an always on gauge which is better than a never on gauge.

Lesson learned by Eco should be either keep their promises or don’t make a promise they don’t have the wherewithal to keep. They are a young company and will learn from this. I do like my battery.
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:34 PM   #54
Stosh
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky View Post
I think the issue is tied to Eco actually saying in writing that the app was coming soon. I had a gauge issue last June with a new battery and was initially told by Eco to wait for the App, it was coming out shortly and that would fix it. Well the app never came, but 5 months later, Eco did take care of me by sending out a device to flash my BMS and fix my gauge, so I at least have an always on gauge which is better than a never on gauge.

Lesson learned by Eco should be either keep their promises or don’t make a promise they don’t have the wherewithal to keep. They are a young company and will learn from this. I do like my battery.
I agree, the part that upsets me the most is that eco has been saying for quite a while that the app is coming, even at times saying it’s a few weeks out.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 03:11 AM   #55
Mrwhitethunderr
Not Yet Wild

Bump to the top. Just got my eco installed. Any updates on the app?
Mrwhitethunderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 03:09 PM   #56
Bdbandit1988
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mrwhitethunder. Sent you a private message
Bdbandit1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 01:34 PM   #57
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwhitethunderr View Post
Bump to the top. Just got my eco installed. Any updates on the app?
Vaporware… Battery seems like a good product so far and I have no complaints with performance. They overpromised on the Bluetooth app when they had ideas but didn’t yet have a functional product. I honestly don’t expect to ever see an app that works with my battery and suspect at this point one might be released with their next generation battery.
Makz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:14 PM   #58
EcoChandler
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makz06 View Post
Vaporware… Battery seems like a good product so far and I have no complaints with performance. They overpromised on the Bluetooth app when they had ideas but didn’t yet have a functional product. I honestly don’t expect to ever see an app that works with my battery and suspect at this point one might be released with their next generation battery.

Update for everyone here:

So I can confirm the app is 100% coming, and soon. I have seen it myself live and in person. While there is never an answer that will make everyone happy, I'll try and give everyone a short(ish) version of the delays.

What sets Eco apart from other battery manufacturers is that Eco is ALWAYS innovating and thinking ahead. If we were a battery company that just made a standard alone drop in battery for the "Big 3", we would've had an app years ago. However, we are much more than that.

At Eco, we feel very strongly that developing and engineering integrations and firmware to work with all of the new options we are seeing in modern day golf carts is the safest and most responsible thing to do. This would include things like designing and building out safety/limp modes for specific cart brands with Electronic Motor Brakes, designing/enabling communications that allow our batteries to talk with factory screens/gauges that are in the newer carts, to name a couple.

These are things no other lithium battery companies are doing and we feel are crucial to creating the safest and best customer experience possible. With that being said, these innovations can cause delays in things like applications. We are willing to accept these delays as we feel the ultimate safety and customer satisfaction of our product far outweighs the benefits of the app.

While I cannot give you a firm release date yet, I can tell you it is very close and will be released soon.

Hope this helps everyone, EcoChandler
EcoChandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:20 PM   #59
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you, Chandler. And to back you up, I have seen it in person as well.

I appreciate the delay if that's what it takes to make it right
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:35 AM   #60
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you, Chandler.

I appreciate the delay if that's what it takes to make it right
Amen brother 👍
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car