lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #11
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 Marathon 36V doesn’t move

Jhughey, did you get your cart going? Update
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2022, 08:49 PM   #12
jhughey79
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the long delay…kind of left it alone for awhile. Tonight I replaced my FNR. I have forward now, but no reverse. Maybe a MS miswire somewhere?

When I took the old FNR off I did find that I was lacking continuity in a couple positions so clearly it was bad. I tested this one prior to installation and after, and I have continuity at all lugs on reverse position.

I feel so dang close!
jhughey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:57 PM   #13
jhughey79
Not Yet Wild

Here’s a pic of the micro switches on the FNR. Left side has the blue wire running to the negative on the ignition switch, red wire to the rear post on the POT box micro switch that is also connected to the J1 on the controller. The red and black wires on the right micro switch are coming from the POT box itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0EDF4826-CF57-4439-8767-DED787DA2852.jpg (191.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-16-2022, 09:10 AM   #14
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

your pic shows whats in the book, and what mine looks like.
I'm still troubleshooting my cart. I've been retesting parts, motor, connections till I'm frustrated. I have a solenoid coming with new diode and resistor, and a rebuilt controller. Its kind of my last gasp on this thing. I'll let you know what happens.
I'm amazed that no one on this forum has had this problem and offered an answer.
On your cart, it seems you are close to fixing it. I'll recheck the fnr switch on mine. I've had it apart twice and lugs look good, not sunken, and clean.
Old 12-16-2022, 03:32 PM   #15
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I got enthused about your fnr switch helping, and put one on my cart today. I'm glad it helped you , didn't help mine. Still looking for the gremlin.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:43 PM   #16
jhughey79
Not Yet Wild

I’ve replaced almost everything at this point…as soon as it’s fixed, I’m selling it. Getting a SxS again. At least the next owner will have a bunch of brand new components to hopefully have better luck than I.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:28 AM   #17
jhughey79
Not Yet Wild

I've seen several pictures of FNR switches that have a wire that connects the 2 microswitches together. Am I supposed to have a wire between them? From the pictures I've seen, the wire connects on the 2 inside posts of the microswitches.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:41 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looks like you have your micro switches wired backwards. Blue wire should be on the bottom connection of the drivers side, red from the reed switch or pack positive will go to the top of two micros, orange wire will go to bottom of the passenger side micro and provide power to the reverse buzzer and go to the reverse pin on the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 208CC896-B203-4CD7-8A08-9FAFB1FA39AE.jpeg (127.6 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:18 PM   #19
jhughey79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Looks like you have your micro switches wired backwards. Blue wire should be on the bottom connection of the drivers side, red from the reed switch or pack positive will go to the top of two micros, orange wire will go to bottom of the passenger side micro and provide power to the reverse buzzer and go to the reverse pin on the controller.

THANK YOU!!! I swapped 2 wires around, and it’s running like a champ! I appreciate the help!

Tags
1993, 36v, ezgo, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO