lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2023, 02:15 PM   #1
Myyke
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default 83 HD pacar

On my ‘83 gas cart, it seems to run better & more power in reverse than forward. Wondering what could be causing this? Timing issue?
Myyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2023, 09:23 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 83 HD pacar

Timing can be one thing but this could mean the motor is warn and needs rebuilt check the timing first if that’s not the problem I would look in to rebuilding it
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:15 PM   #3
Myyke
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
Timing can be one thing but this could mean the motor is warn and needs rebuilt check the timing first if that’s not the problem I would look in to rebuilding it
Thanks. Not sure why it would run better in reverse than forward, but i admit that i don’t anything about these golfcart motors. In all the years of fixing & rebuilding small engines and skidoo motors i’ve never worked on golfcart motors. Learning something new everyday. Lol
Old 01-09-2023, 06:24 PM   #4
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do a compression test first to see if it’s worth doing the timing compression should be 100-110
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 10:59 AM   #5
Myyke
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
Do a compression test first to see if it’s worth doing the timing compression should be 100-110
Did a cold compression test this morning & found 95 psi in forward & 105 in reverse.
Also, from what i could see the timing was out as well & adjusted it.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:03 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

It is probably timing. Timing on points carts can be a bear. The method outlined in the manual, lining up the dot on the fan with lines on case shroud doesn't really work. The only thing that worked for me was driving around with the points cover off and making tiny adjustments here and there until things are right.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:18 PM   #7
Myyke
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
It is probably timing. Timing on points carts can be a bear. The method outlined in the manual, lining up the dot on the fan with lines on case shroud doesn't really work. The only thing that worked for me was driving around with the points cover off and making tiny adjustments here and there until things are right.
Thank you for the help. Checked out timing & it was out. Reset it, & it runs way better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar