lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2023, 06:38 AM   #1
Biffstupid
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some battery input.

My lead is dead. Time for new batteries, I’ve done a good amount of research on BGW and YouTube and am struggling with whether to stick with lead or go lithium. My cart is a 2012 48v precedent 4 seater, lifted on 22’s, plum quick bandit, stock controller and basic accessories ie under glows led light bar and floods. What would be a good lithium setup if I went in that direction. I want to do a controller at some point and have seen some lithium setups can’t handle it. I use the cart camping and around the neighborhood, some hills but nothing crazy. Recommendations and help to compliment my setup is greatly appreciated. Also don’t want to break the bank but open to most options. Cart isn’t really driven in cold weather either.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biffstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2023, 06:55 AM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need some battery input.

Look at the continuous output amp rating. For a lifted cart and your use/plans, ideally you would want something 200amps or more with something like 500amps for 30 seconds Do not go with 12v batteries wire in a series.
Better to have one pack or multiple packs that each put out 48v.. This way you increase the amp ratings when you double up or triple the amount of smaller packs individually.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:28 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

My cart is lifted (see sig) and I originally built a Chevy Volt pack that I was happy with. I have since switched to an Eco Battery setup (again, see sig) and am even happier with it. They are Site Sponsors as well as good people (I have met them as they are in my hometown)-definitely worth adding to your consideration list
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:46 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have a Roypow 105ah that I got in 2021 and will not go back to FLA's. However, next pack I get will be the Eco 105ah because they are based in US and their customer service. Also, their packs have 300 amp bms allowance. Lithium is more expensive initially but the other benefits more than out weight the additional cost (which averages out over time). Also, can't recommend Roypow because I have had trouble with their customer service.
51v-105-Datasheet-new.pdf
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:02 AM   #5
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Bigbattery.com is also based in US and now have far more options for Lithium (compared to 2-years ago). But as already mentioned, Lithium batteries will cost more up front.
If you have a local ECO dealer then that's probably the way to go.
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:19 AM   #6
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

I have a 160ah RoyPow and have been very happy with it. I cannot attest to their customer service as I have not had any issues. Switching to lithium has been the best modification to my cart yet. I have enjoyed over a year of maintenance free driving since.
AquaLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:04 AM   #7
Biffstupid
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input everyone, decisions decisions. Toughest part is selling the lithium pros over lead to the wife to justify the cost. I’m in MA and the closest eco dealer is an hour away which isn’t bad, but they’re just online sales so no matter what I get it will need to be shipped. Keep the input comin…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biffstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:32 AM   #8
Bbbbrass
Not Yet Wild

Eco will last for 10 years, no need to worry about winter battery degradation, no battery acid spills, no watering. You would go through 2-3 sets of PBs over the lifetime of lithium, and have a much better usage experience during that time.
Bbbbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 08:17 AM   #9
mtollin
Gone Wild

Not sure if local dealer for Eco is the best price option though. In our area 3 local dealers refuse to sell any Lithium without doing the install which adds pick up fee, install fee, and old battery disposal fee. They were running $2,700 plus for the smaller Eco and if you need service, they won't warranty pick up fees, so $125 if they need to pick up cart. For that ill get it shipped when ready, and sell my old batteries to NAPA or Auto Zone.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 08:28 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We are currently shipping this Lithium battery combo kit free anywhere in the continental US.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car