lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2023, 02:41 PM   #1
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Suspension after Lithium Upgrade

Hey all - totally enjoying the nimble and fun ride with the Li upgrade. Now my HD rear springs are no longer needed. What have you guys done to account for the 400lbs weight drop? I was running 8xT-145's so I dropped from 576lbs to 108lbs of battery.

Thanks!
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2023, 04:53 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Suspension after Lithium Upgrade

I had 4 leaf, leaf springs (HD). I pulled out two leafs on each side. My kidneys send me a Christmas card every year.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:34 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My Yamaha carts both have coil over rear suspension. I changed the shocks to the lighter springs used on the Gas Yamaha carts. Greatly improved the ride. It was way too stiff before the change.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:11 PM   #4
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I had 4 leaf, leaf springs (HD). I pulled out two leafs on each side. My kidneys send me a Christmas card every year.
I’ve removed one a while back, are you down to just one with the hardware and the shorty or did you take out the shorty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My Yamaha carts both have coil over rear suspension. I changed the shocks to the lighter springs used on the Gas Yamaha carts. Greatly improved the ride. It was way too stiff before the change.
This is great thinking. Wonder if the TXT has a spring for gassers. I’m checking into that!
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 01:16 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I took out the 2 shortest ones.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 08:09 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

First thing I did was lower the pressure in my tires. Made a big difference. Then I purchased the dual rate springs that act like standard springs without extra weight and act like HD springs when you put a load on it. I pull a trailer with my cart so I need that.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO