lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2023, 04:05 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lithium Break In?

I'm fairly new to the Lithium world, but I am a dealer for Allied.
I installed this week a 51 volt 105AH commercial pack in a Club Car Precedent for a customer that has a stock controller with a speed motor, messaged me the he only got about 4 miles, and has had to recharge.
My question is, are there any break in periods, Or does it take a few charge cycles to get up to speed, or do we have a bad pack? I guess I'll be contacting Allied tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium Break In?

No real break in but the SOC meter needs to get set correctly at a full charge. Have him charge it fully and try another run.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:18 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
No real break in but the SOC meter needs to get set correctly at a full charge. Have him charge it fully and try another run.
That's what he said he was doing. He said his daughter had driven it a few times for 15-20 minutes, and now it has dropped to 30%. Hopefully that is the issue.

Old 03-05-2023, 04:21 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Is there a proper way to calibrate it? I just plugged it up. The pack was around 70% when I installed it. I charged it up and delivered it to him.

Old 03-05-2023, 05:44 PM   #5
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

No break in period required except for calibrating the SOC meter, but what SOC meter are you using. You should use a SOC meter with a current shunt, not a simple 2 wire voltage meter as is used for FLA batteries.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 06:21 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
No break in period required except for calibrating the SOC meter, but what SOC meter are you using. You should use a SOC meter with a current shunt, not a simple 2 wire voltage meter as is used for FLA batteries.
It's the one provided by Allied that connects to the port on the battery pack that reads in percent. I didn't think about the fact that it would need to calibrate to determine the current flow in and out.

Old 03-05-2023, 09:08 PM   #7
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

By calibrate, I mean give it a full charge to the point where the charger switches itself off. The meter should now read 100% and it should be good. Don't just wait for the meter to get to 100%, wait for the charger shutoff as well. You are using a Lithium specific charger aren't you.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 10:54 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
By calibrate, I mean give it a full charge to the point where the charger switches itself off. The meter should now read 100% and it should be good. Don't just wait for the meter to get to 100%, wait for the charger shutoff as well. You are using a Lithium specific charger aren't you.
Yes, it all came with the bundle.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO