lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2023, 03:55 PM   #1
wmg
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 TXT Starting issues

Working on a 2018 gas cart with a carb. First problem was the cart would try to run when the pedal was pushed down. Checked and there was very little gas from the pump to the carb. Replaced filter but no change. Replaced fuel pump now get good flow to carb but suddenly no spark. Checked the fuse and it is good. Need direction on what to look for next. Have worked on cars for years but this is a little different.
wmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2023, 09:51 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 TXT Starting issues

"First problem was the cart would try to run when the pedal was pushed down."

I'm trying to figure out how this is a problem? Ain't that what is suppose to do?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:17 AM   #3
wmg
Not Yet Wild

yes it is supposed to run when the pedal is pushed but as stated tried but did not run. seemed to be a fuel problem. have that fixed now but now no spark at the plug. fuses are good. need to know how to check the coil or what else might be causing the no spark problem
wmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:27 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm no expert on gas cart so I can't help you much in that category, but your post was a little confusing. A lot of folks just browse the topics, so be as brief and to the point in the thread name to catch the experts attention. Something like 2018 EZGO No Spark.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:05 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Post two will get you to a manual that should work for you since yours has the carburetor and not EFI .

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188999

Page 138 of the manual is where you want to start reading.
Its been a long time since I last worked on one of the carts with the Kawasaki engine .
The ones we had were RXV's also.
In the manual look close at the wiring diagram. Cartmaster and I both have worked on these before and discussed it on another forum last year. He should show up here in a while to back me up
Follow the brown wire that you can see in the diagram.

Check continuity between the brown wire and battery negative. You likely have a short somewhere on that circuit. It could be the wire chafed and touching ground, a faulty engine stop relay or a fault at the pedal switch or maybe just the relay not seeing an activation command from the ignition switch at pin 5 of the relay in the diagram.

The wire that plugs in on the magneto is kill wire. You can unplug it and see if it fires using a spark tester or spark plug.
Make 100 % sure you have a spark plug in the cylinder head when testing for fire at plug. There might be fumes and if the you have spark near the hole the plug comes out of then a fire could happen so be safe.

That's why I always use a spark tester and not the spark plug that came out of the engine. Gas fumes and spark is never good.
If you smell gas stop and find out where it came from and dry it up before testing.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:09 PM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

The only thing I can add to Trigs post at the moment is the confusion in the wiring diagram in that link. It appears to me that the battery is shown the wrong way round. If memory serves me right, the positive and negative battery posts seem incorrect. Positive in the diagram is shown going to ground but you can check this on the cart. As far as I am aware the battery negative on the cart should go to ground. I only found this by accident when a cart came to me with no spark and the owner had connected his up per the diagram.
Take a look again Trig and see if you agree, I think this was discussed in a previous conversation.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:17 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

The picture you are referring to was not very good. The one in the manual that was uploaded here a while back is clear to me.

https://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/img...f?m=1624748043

See what you think about this one CM
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:52 PM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

That is the exact same file I have on my hard drive. I can see the diagram clearly. I just do not recall that cart being positive ground as shown in the diagram. If you look at the battery post designations it shows the positive post as ground. Am I incorrect and the cart actually is positive ground?
Old 03-16-2023, 08:22 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Page L2 shows + ground, L3 shows - ground. My 65 triumph was + ground, English thing cm??
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:58 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Actually yes, in the early days a lot of cars were +ve ground. I spent a lot of time converting to -ve ground and flashing dynamos lol. So do we agree the cart is -ve ground and the documentation is incorrect? Would not surprise me with Textron lol 😆
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO