lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2023, 07:53 PM   #1
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Default Eco Battery Warranty Review- In Progress

Had random shutdown issues with the battery straight out of the box. Stock 2007 Club Car Precedent controller & motor. Reached out to Eco Battery and they were awesome. Super responsive and they sent out a tablet with gear to hook up to the battery. They updated the firmware and had me run it some more to see if it fixed the issue. It didn’t. They checked the logs after I was able to replicate the issue and eventually said they saw something and I needed to make a warranty claim.

I attempted to track down a local dealer (I purchased from Golf Cart Farm) but my local dealer wasn’t carrying them anymore. So following Eco Batteries instructions, I acquired a pallet, pulled the battery and they set up a pickup yesterday. They had it dispatched as soon as I had it out of the cart. A lot quicker than I assumed. So, the battery is on the way from St. Louis to Utah.

I’ll keep you posted.
FL3TCH L1V3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2023, 05:22 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Eco Battery Warranty Review- In Progress

Customer service and support......imagine that!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 07:56 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hopefully you get a quick turn around. Keep us posted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:58 AM   #4
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

My battery made it to Utah after a delay in Old Dominion’s shipping early last week. Eco Battery looked it over and have sent out a replacement. Still waiting on a tracking number, but I am expecting the replacement to be here later this week. So far so good. Hopefully the new one functions properly as so many others have experienced. I’ll keep you all updated.

Long story short, Eco Battery stands behind their product.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:11 AM   #5
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bad to hear about issues, but great to hear they stand behind their product ! Awesome news!
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:06 PM   #6
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Finally got word on why they couldn’t get me a tracking number. Apparently they had some shipping delays internally. I was initially told it was shipping last Thursday, now I have been informed it’s shipping today. So that’s a bummer. I was hoping to be back in business this weekend, but it seems unlikely now. So the initial 3 day turnaround once they received my battery turned into a week. At this point I’ve been out of commission 16 days. 3 of it due to an Old Dominion delay in transport. Still no tracking number, but I’ve been told it shipped today. A bit upset with the shipping date discrepancy, but otherwise they’ve been responsive and cooperative.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:45 PM   #7
FL3TCH L1V3S
Not Yet Wild

Got the call from Old Dominion on Friday to schedule a delivery for Monday. I asked if there was any possibility that I could go pick it it up. To my surprise, yes. Fortunately the Old Dominion hub is about 10 minutes from where I live. So I went and got the battery and installed it just in time for the severe storms to roll in. Charged it up and had it ready to go for Saturday.

I was initially nervous to put it through the paces. There was one particular stretch that was up a slight incline which caused a shutdown every time I ran it. So we puttered around for a bit. Finally worked up the courage to let it eat up the hill and it ran like a champ. No shut down, no low state of charge warning.

Yay! So far so good.
Old 04-03-2023, 03:50 PM   #8
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Glad to hear you received the replacement and it has been installed! The Eco's are great units!

-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL3TCH L1V3S View Post
Got the call from Old Dominion on Friday to schedule a delivery for Monday. I asked if there was any possibility that I could go pick it it up. To my surprise, yes. Fortunately the Old Dominion hub is about 10 minutes from where I live. So I went and got the battery and installed it just in time for the severe storms to roll in. Charged it up and had it ready to go for Saturday.

I was initially nervous to put it through the paces. There was one particular stretch that was up a slight incline which caused a shutdown every time I ran it. So we puttered around for a bit. Finally worked up the courage to let it eat up the hill and it ran like a champ. No shut down, no low state of charge warning.

Yay! So far so good.
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 04:09 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Great!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car