lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
krusty0001
Zone

Default Loading 6seat golf cart?

Has anybody put a 4+2 in truck bed? It looks like it'll fit in my Tundra if let a set of wheels ride on the tailgate. That much weight on my tailgate is very concerning. I don't think backing it it will be an option because the rear seat grab bar would make it too long. Photo below is an example of grab bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rearseatgrabbar.jpg (29.4 KB, 12 views)
krusty0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Loading 6seat golf cart?

Get two 2x12x10 wood planks from home depot, and lay them in the bed first then put the cart in, and the rear wheels will sit on the boards--

my 2 cent
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

I put mine in a F-350 dually, 8 foot bed, but I have to take the rear seat platform off to close the tailgate. I recently did a mod to it so the platform comes off easily.

I don't drive it on the tailgate tho', I remove the tailgate to load/unload. I just couldn't get myself to trust that much weight on the tailgate...

Here are some pics of the mod I did...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3358.JPG (139.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3359.JPG (135.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3357.JPG (154.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3360.JPG (161.6 KB, 5 views)
HDRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is your Tundra a Long Bed? For an EZGO, the 6 passenger frames are 28" longer than a standard cart, meaning you need about 10 feet of truck bed...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
krusty0001
Zone

It's a regular bed. It holds a 4X8 sheet of plywood with tailgate up (i think i had tailgate up)
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Guess I might have missed something... yours is a three seater??? I think the rear axle would definitely be on the tailgate.

I'm not sure I could trust that but I'm sure some folks do such things with out incident. It may end up with it being what you're comfortable doing with your truck...???
HDRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You need a trailer!!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
krusty0001
Zone

Thumbs up Re: Loading 6seat golf cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder View Post
I put mine in a F-350 dually, 8 foot bed, but I have to take the rear seat platform off to close the tailgate. I recently did a mod to it so the platform comes off easily.

I don't drive it on the tailgate tho', I remove the tailgate to load/unload. I just couldn't get myself to trust that much weight on the tailgate...

Here are some pics of the mod I did...
Thanks HD. If I back it in, then your mod will be nescessary. Your pic is a 2+2. Did u get a 4+2 in the back? Mine is a 4+2.

"Get two 2x12x10 wood planks from home depot, and lay them in the bed first then put the cart in, and the rear wheels will sit on the boards"
good idea!

I went outside to measure the total length and realized I had a designated driver last night. Gotta go get my truck sometime today....
Old 01-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
dougmcp
Gone Wild

The wheelbase on this cart is around 8 feet so it will never fit in an 8 foot bed without it sitting on the tailgate. With a curb weight of around 1200 lbs, I would think you are courting disaster without some kind of truck bed extension capable of carrying the weight. It may not be a big deal but you may also be changing your load distribution to the point of having the front wheels on the truck unweighted.
IMO I'd buy a trailer for that thing.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
krusty0001
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
You need a trailer!!
It is a definate possibility. I also pull a boat so I was looking for solutions where I could take both. The good news is I usually keep the boat near the water. It would be a little more trouble to unhook one then hook the other. but the trailer is sounding better. Besides, I could load more stuff in the trailer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay