lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
MOD_SSO
Not Yet Wild

Default Shock suggestions?

Stretch Plastics Long Travel front end. I am using the kit coilovers and I have the preload as high as it goes. I still do not have enough tire to fender clearance for very rough terrain. I made a set of 3" billet aluminum spacers to go under the four suspension mounting points which will cure that problem. Going to try to get them installed tonight and then I'll check suspension travel. However, the coilovers seem a bit too soft and do not recover as fast as I'd like. Expenaded they are 16" eye to eye. Looking for suggestions on a suitable replacement, resonably priced, preferably adjustable with remote resovoirs. I'm not opposed to fabricating new mounts if needed.

Suggestions and recommendations appreciated...thanks
MOD_SSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shock suggestions?

You can change the angle of your present shocks to change their characteristics .... a more vertical installation will give you a stiffer shock.

But at that point you are attempting to redesign the best LT on the market .... My Stretch LT is doing everything it should with 25 inch tires and a 1" set of spacers. There is no place that I can not go with the 25s. I have the suspension set on softest on the passenger side and 2 clicks up on the driver's side ( I usually ride alone) But the front tire has never hit the body.... Maybe the 27s are just too much tire?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2648.jpg (156.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2705.jpg (155.8 KB, 7 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
MOD_SSO
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You can change the angle of your present shocks to change their characteristics .... a more vertical installation will give you a stiffer shock.

But at that point you are attempting to redesign the best LT on the market .... My Stretch LT is doing everything it should with 25 inch tires and a 1" set of spacers. There is no place that I can not go with the 25s. I have the suspension set on softest on the passenger side and 2 clicks up on the driver's side ( I usually ride alone) But the front tire has never hit the body.... Maybe the 27s are just too much tire?

Actually, the tires rub the fender flares and not the body. Not worried about the fender clearance, easily solved with the spacers I made. This will also make it sit level, the rear is slightly higher now. Actually I will have a better idea after I raise the front 3". This will allow the suspension to travel throughout the range. Right now it's upward travel is limited by the tires hitting flares.

When you say "2 clicks" are you referring to 2 rotations of the spring perch adjuster? I have mine as far up as they will go.

27s too large? Never too large
MOD_SSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
KMP259
Not Yet Wild

MOD

We use ProShocks and Hypercoil springs to achieve the exact ride height and ride .......

And the springs on the front will vary from 100# up to 200# and the shocks vary according to the Spring rate....

You have to do a lot of testing to figure out the best ride and handling on each car.

King pin is equally important....

KMP259
KMP259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts