lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: just got an 85 gas marathon

Okay so I did the spring adjustment, correctly i think? I used a spring from a ball-point click pen and got it on there....so when it's shut the spring should be fully compressed correct and then it opens up and stretches when you push the pedal down?
Now for the compression test....just a very stupid question, where do i test the engines compression at? sorry, total newb

PS: I made sure i was able to move the drive belt manually and it was fine, slid like a charm....soo i'm guessing that the piston is blown or something possible idk.
bignate524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Last edited by bignate524; 06-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #23
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

to do a compression test, you need to pull the spark plug and attach your compression tester at the plug hole (some thread in, make sure it's tightly in there, some are designed to be held in by hand, in that case hold it as tightly as you can while having someone else turn the cart over) ...

Sounds like you have the spring setup correctly, now let's get that compression reading !!!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

welp spark plug is off....now the problem is i need to go buy a compression tester lol....darnett....be back in a bit with the compression reading!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #25
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Just in case you were unaware you need to hold the throttle wide open and give the engine several revolutions to get the right reading. Hurry back now we are all holding our breath.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

so i got the new compression tester....screwed it on their, pushed the pedal down and nothin....no psi reading at all?? i'm very confused
Old 06-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Is there a valve on the compressor to set it to zero, if so was it closed? The engine did crank yes? Do you have another engine you can test the compressor on?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #28
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay well I was out workin on the cart a little and then the friendly neighbor took a walk over and started looking at it with me....we realized that the engine is not cranking at all and the only thing turning the drive belt and clutch are the starter, and the engine is not cranking at all....so first thing we looked at was the hose from the gas tank to the feul filter and the hose from the bottom of the filter to the pump....hose was fine, blew air through it to clean it and make sure it wasn't clogged...when i starting the engine i realized the feul is not pumping to the filter...we tried starting the engine with the choke pulled and low and behold the engine started getting some juice and then it backfired right away...the little noise i heard from the engine gave me a little hope though and i quickly thought that maybe the engine is not getting gas to it and that's why it wont crank on???
Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

we also decided to just quickly take a look at all of the hoses and wires and try and take a wild guess of what everything did LOL....I'm sorry i have never mentioned that this cart's oil injection has been removed as well and it uses a mixture....not sure what mixture the previous owner was using, but I know exactly what to use since I have read it plenty on this site (128:1) :) i'm really hoping that this engine can get running soon especially after i heard some life in her today!!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #30
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I like the crank seals too.I had the engine out of my cart when I did the bottom end but the seals were quite easy to do with the engine on the bench.Good luck on the clutch though.That was the hardest part for me.The flywheel miraculously popped right off.The engine is fairly easy to get out as well.I think I have a video up of removal and install on my 88.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new to the forms
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO