lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
jty211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Oil leak

Im new to the forum and this is my first post so bear with me! I just bought a 2002 EZGO pds today. i got it home and was taking the kids on a ride around the neighboorhood, and came back and parked it in the carport ,and what looks like oil started to leak from under it right near the drivers side rocker panel. What could this be from? This is my first cart and i have no clue about these things. From what ive read the only oil is in the rear differential am i right on that? Thank yall so much for all the help in advance! This site has already been so much help and im looking forward to all the knowledge i will get from everybody.
jty211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil leak

jty211.....seeing as how your cart is electric, true, the only oil is in the rear differential. with that being said, the only other liquid woud be from the batteries, so don't TASTE IT! LOL I would get a flash light and get under it and see what you saw, and then under the seat as well. if it was in fact battery acid, get some backing soda to neutralize the spilt acid, and you might want to remove the batteries and clean up the battery box frame.

oh and btw..... CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Welcome to BGW!!!! I am suspecting you are right on the money.. I would check the bolts to see if they are loose. also check the fluid level in the rear diff.. The only headache you could have is replacing the seal... wich is not really bad at all... consider yourself lucky..lol...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
jty211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What would be causing the batteries to spill acid out? I havent had time to check yet. Im going to go outside in a few minutes and check it.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Seems like an awesome place to be a member of.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Being overfilled and it will boil out while charging
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
jty211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So it will stop doing it eventually? or is there something i need to do to solve this problem? I only noticed it after riding around for a little bit.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
shaffer88
Gone Wild

It will boil off but if they at bad batteries you need to check into it look at the stickies batteries will give you an idea about maintainance
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO