lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
bgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 leaking gas

I've had my g1 for a few years and had no problems with it til this week. I almost ran it out of gas and after refilling it and taking my daughter for a ride it died on the way home, there was a strong gas odor when I got it back to garage I noticed it leaking gas from under carb...I assumed float was stuck...after removing carb and cleaning it fired right up but on my test drive while trying to go up hill it completely lost power and left a smoke trail a mile long..I told my wife it was a james bond modification. Fuel still appears to be coming from bowl....I'm fairly inexperienced with this...please help I don't know why there was he sudden change n carts behavior.
bgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
dewzer
Getting Wild

Default Re: G1 leaking gas

I would start out by checking the oil level. Your white smoke is most likely gas in your oil. You stated you cleaned the carb and I would do that again with a new needle, seat and bowl gasket in its future.
Now, Something got into the carb so back up.
Remove the fuel lines, replacement is cheep, and make sure they are clean internally and that there is a new fuel filter between the tank and the pump and the pump and the carb.
Filter 1 keeps debris from entering the pump and doing damage, filter 2 keeps possible damaged pump debris from entering the carb.
The line and filter explanation is a must and if all is good there another good cleaning of the carb without replacement of parts might work if it was just a spec of dirt in the needle and seat.
When you take the carb apart , shake the float to see if it is full of fuel.
If so, replace. A float full of fuel is keeping the needle open.
Any over fueling/leaking has the potential of the old
" gas in the oil trick" to fog for mo~skee~toes
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Maybe just air in the fuel line from when you ran out of gas. Pull the fuel line from the carb and run it to a jug under the cart then blow in the tank until you have pure fuel with no air. If the fuel in the jug is clean dump it back in the tank, plug the line back on and blow again to prime the pump and fill the bowl
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85.G3 View Post
Maybe just air in the fuel line from when you ran out of gas. Pull the fuel line from the carb and run it to a jug under the cart then blow in the tank until you have pure fuel with no air. If the fuel in the jug is clean dump it back in the tank, plug the line back on and blow again to prime the pump and fill the bowl
I like how you think 85G3! That is old school! I was working on my carb the other day and I blew out the ports. It took me forever to get the gas taste from my mouth!

Be sure to check that float. Like stated above, if it is cracked, it aint floatin'.
You can get a carb kit for under $30 bucks and it will have all you need to refurbish that carb: http://www.lvssales.com/store/produc...cat=139&page=1
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
bgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice hopefully will have some time today to clean carb again, replace fuel filters, and bleed the fuel line. My wife and I are both teachers and we start school Monday so hopefully I can get it done this weekend and give an update.
bgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas leak, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha