lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
hawksr30
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 TXT losing power

I bought this from my local golf course about a year ago. Has run fine all season with the exception of coming to a crawl when going up hill.

A couple weeks ago I noticed that when hitting the accelerator, especially on an incline, that it almost felt like the tires slipped for a moment before engaging even though tires were stationary. Last week on a few occasions the accelerator stuttered before fully engaging when I fully depressed the pedal from a hard start. If I baby the accelerator, not so much.

Last two times out, came to complete stop after a few holes, tee'd off and then when I jumped back into the cart and hit the pedal, nothing but a click in either forward or reverse. First time, it didn't correct until after recharging. The second time, let it sit for a few minutes, turned the key on and off a few times, and then it worked fine again.

Any ideas?
hawksr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT losing power

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksr30 View Post
I bought this from my local golf course about a year ago. Has run fine all season with the exception of coming to a crawl when going up hill.

1. A couple weeks ago I noticed that when hitting the accelerator, especially on an incline, that it almost felt like the tires slipped for a moment before engaging even though tires were stationary. Last week on a few occasions the accelerator stuttered before fully engaging when I fully depressed the pedal from a hard start. If I baby the accelerator, not so much.

2. Last two times out, came to complete stop after a few holes, tee'd off and then when I jumped back into the cart and hit the pedal, nothing but a click in either forward or reverse. First time, it didn't correct until after recharging. The second time, let it sit for a few minutes, turned the key on and off a few times, and then it worked fine again.

Any ideas?
Might be two separate problems.

1. Might be stripped splines in one of the rear hubs. Once you get it running again, remove and wheel covers so the castle nut on the axle is visible. If the nut spins and the tire doesn't, the hub is stripped.

2. Which drive system?
If F/R selector is by your knee, it is a series drive, If the F/R selector is a rocker switch next to the key, it's a sepex drive (PDS)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
hawksr30
Not Yet Wild

F/R Behind knee, DCS. I don't believe it has anything to do with the spline as most of the time it runs fine. Just having the issues noted intermittently but more frequently.
hawksr30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksr30 View Post
F/R Behind knee, DCS. I don't believe it has anything to do with the spline as most of the time it runs fine. Just having the issues noted intermittently but more frequently.
If it is a 2003 TXT (Plastic body) it is either a series drive or a PDS. The DCS drive was discontinued in 1999 and replaced by the PDS drive in 2000.

With the F/R next to your knee, it is most likely a series drive, so when it misbehaves, try moving the F/R lever. Make sure it is going all the way into the mechanical stop.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003, power, slip, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO