lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 06:55 PM   #11
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Re: TC Charger error message on Zeva

Thanks Sergio, would you mind checking my settings some time and giving feedback on that? I plan to change Max Voltage to 82v-84v. If you get a chance, that would be greatly appreciated. After setting those, all I have to do is hook up the key relay and install in the cart and hope like heck that goes smooth.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 08:38 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

My recommendations based on your desire to increase the voltage, but I would not go above 4.10v/cell.

Full Voltage: 81v
Max Charge Voltage: 82v

Alt charge voltage/current don't apply so they can be anything.

BMS Min Voltage: 3.10v
BMS Max Voltage: 4.18v

Balance Threshold: 4.04v

I also think you should take advantage of the other features offered by the EVMS3.

SOC Warning: 30%
MPO1: Low SoC Signal
Use a Yellow 12v indicator light, positive to the MPO1 terminal on EVMS3 and negative to the 12v battery negative.

MPO2: Overtemp signal
Use a Red 12v indicator light, positive to the MPO2 terminal on EVMS3 and negative to the 12v battery negative.

Example of 12v indicator lights from Amazon but there are many choices of styles:
https://www.amazon.com/FICBOX-Indica..._sspa?dchild=1

If the pack it properly balanced the charger will charge each cell to 4.10v (82v charger setting).

The BMS will allow headroom up to 4.18v for the balancer circuit to work if the pack is not properly balanced.

The BMS should only work near the top of the charging voltage to "Top Balance" the pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #13
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks Sergio! I will add those additional features in once I get the pack installed and working. Until then, would you mind confirming a few more settings?

Did you see my settings, and all the ones are okay that you didn't mention?
Specifically concerned with:

Enable precharge (yes or no)
Balance threshold (currently set to dynamic)
Min Isolation (set to 50%)
Does fuel gauge or temp gauge settings matter?

The factory settings have the BMS max temp at 213f and the EVMS temp warning is at 303f. Is that from my temp sensor that is sitting between two modules? Those numbers make no sense.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Thanks Sergio! I will add those additional features in once I get the pack installed and working. Until then, would you mind confirming a few more settings?

Did you see my settings, and all the ones are okay that you didn't mention?
Specifically concerned with:

Enable precharge (yes or no) - Set it to NO as You are not using a contactor to disconnect the pack.

Balance threshold (currently set to dynamic) - Per previous post set it to 4.04v

Min Isolation (set to 50%) - OK

Does fuel gauge or temp gauge settings matter? - No since you don't have a fuel gauge.

The factory settings have the BMS max temp at 213f and the EVMS temp warning is at 303f. Is that from my temp sensor that is sitting between two modules? Those numbers make no sense.

Those settings should have been OFF from factory.

Thanks

You can fine tune the temperature thresholds once You use the cart for a while and monitor your "typical" temperatures, but a good start would be:

Set EVMS Temp Warning: 60C

Set BMS: Max Temp: 80C
Set BMS: Min Temp: 5C

After further thought perhaps a better use for the second MPO signal would just be a "status" light.

Set MPO2: Status Light
Use a Green 12v indicator light, positive to the MPO2 terminal on EVMS3 and negative to the 12v battery negative.

That green light will be ON if the BMS is active (not sleeping) and working properly and it will flash if any errors are pending so You can investigate what is going on.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:42 PM   #15
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks again for the info Sergio!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO