lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

Default Vin number

Hi all..I need to add my 05 Precedent to my insurance for a up coming vacation and they need a vin#.Where on the cart are they located. Thanks
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Vin number

the cart doesnt have a vin number its not a car,motorcycle,etc...
they have a serial number but that wont work insurance agent needs a actual vin number they can run through the system beleive me i tried that already there not as stupid as we think
how do I know all this becasue i just spent the last 2 weeks legalizing my golf cart i got a vin number,insurance, a tag , a title

what state do you live in ?????
snoop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

I'm in NC..I did know the serial # but have never seen a vin#. I guess I will give the serial# and say thats the only thing I can find.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good luck because in order to get insurance you need a 16 digit vin number because they run it throughout the computer keep us posted on what happens I am very curious
Good luck I hope it all works out I am in Miami,Florida
And it's different down here
snoop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitza View Post
Hi all..I need to add my 05 Precedent to my insurance for a up coming vacation and they need a vin#.Where on the cart are they located. Thanks
If you're insuring it as a Golf Cart all you'll need is the Serial Number located in the right inside of your dash. The insurance companies will provide Off Road Golf Cart Insurance. Allstate, State Farm, etc.

If you're going to become street legal and need Auto Insurance you'll need to get your cart converted to LSV standards and receive a FLA vin for your vehicle provided by the DMV.

Which type are you looking for?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #6
Santacruzslick
Getting Wild

lol if only it were as simple as giving them a serial number for insurance. Months of modding in my little free time, pages and pages of paperwork, and hundreds of dollars in fees and I FINALLY got a real VIN # and license plate. Pain in the butt...
Santacruzslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruzslick View Post
lol if only it were as simple as giving them a serial number for insurance. Months of modding in my little free time, pages and pages of paperwork, and hundreds of dollars in fees and I FINALLY got a real VIN # and license plate. Pain in the butt...
Took me much less time and really not that difficult

Started asking questions about making my cart an LSV on 4-17-2009, got it completed and legal on June 8, 2009. Here is a complete thread on doing it in Florida along with where alot of the items were purchased!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eet-legal.html
Old 08-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply's. I hope it wont be a difficult process. I only need it for 4 days while at the RV park in South Carolina.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I've had full coverage on my cart since I bought it in 07, $63.00 a year through State Farm,
And all they needed was the brand, year. and serial number, and it came up in their data banks!
However, my agent needed to call an underwriter for help to figure out how to do it since it was his first cart.
Maybe your agent should do the same!

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #10
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
I've had full coverage on my cart since I bought it in 07, $63.00 a year through State Farm,
And all they needed was the brand, year. and serial number, and it came up in their data banks!
However, my agent needed to call an underwriter for help to figure out how to do it since it was his first cart.
Maybe your agent should do the same!

As a Golf Cart I did mine through Allstate with no problems... exactly as Lockman said... with just the Serial Number.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car