lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Stretch Plastics Dash

I've got 2 questions on a dash I just bought for my 99 DS.

1) how does the ignition mount? It looks like the threaded part will stick way out if I just put it through the hole in the dash. I'm guessing I'm overlooking something.

2) was the dash difficult to mount? Seems like the holes on mine don't live up well with the stock aluminum trim piece so in trying to drill in at weird angles.

Any pics or advice would be appreciated!
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Stretch Plastics Dash

Whadda ya know, I'm in the same boat. Ill try to document mine on my build page when I start on mine so you can learn from my mistakes
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

I posted my Install last night. I cant say much positive about this product, very cheaply made and doesn't fit well without modification.

You are right on the money, the dash needs to be slid up higher in order for the screws to grab the aluminum dash frame. Mine wouldn't slide up until I trimmed the steering column dash opening with a dremel. Make sure you pre-drill the aluminum frame with a 1/8" bit!!! Otherwise you WILL break the screws. I broke two of them (thankfully they included two extras in my bag). First one broke by not pre-drilling - screw grabbed the aluminum and snapped the head off. Second one I used too small of a drill bit and snapped the head off again. 1/8" bit worked perfect for the rest of them.

My ignition module had two thin nuts when I pulled it. You might only notice one nut but the second one is under the plastic ring trim, you'll need to pop that off to get it out. One nut goes behind the new dash, the other in front of the new dash. This sandwiches the ignition to the new dash. I got lucky, my ignition threaded into the new dash tight enough to hold itself firmly without the outter nut. For me, I like the look much better without the nut on the front. You can check it all out my install here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showt...557#post875557

Sent via TapaTalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car