lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade or start over????

Besides you have a cart that can drive upside down, even with my upgrades I can't do that
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
EMKFLYER
Not Yet Wild

Ok 48V upgrade. What would it take to upgrade to a 48V system besides new 6 x 8 volt batteries? New charger? Will my motor, solenoid, FR switch, controller need to be upgraded? I bought some new wheels and rubber today...my wife is already mad at me!!!

Thanks again for the help.
EMKFLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not an expert on Series carts but you will need batts, charger, HD solenoid, new controller, and I think most people would recommend a HD FR switch and new 4ga wires. All told would be about $700 plus the cost of batteries and charger.
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yep. I went with 8 6 volt batteries but it was a LOT of work to get them to fit under the seat. One will fit without any problems, and the other can be made to fit, or simply put it in the bagwell. Cost difference between 400 and 500 amps made me go to 500. If you go 500 amps, again, cost difference between 4 AWG and 2 AWG made me go to 2 AWG cables.

As mentioned above, Super Duty solenoid, HD FNR and don't skimp on a charger. DPI Accusense goes into float mode after charging, which means you'll always start the day off with a 100% full charge.

There's nothing wrong with 6 8 volt batteries and they're a LOT easier to install, but you'll get less run time. May not be a factor, depending on how long your runs are. As I mentioned above, My run times were getting lower and slower, but I never had to tow it home, so I figured I'd get my money's worth, and got 9 years out of them, even though the previous owner didn't believe in charging daily.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Flyer,

I just did this and am very glad I did. I went with 6 eight volts, Trogen T-875's, Scotty's SMP 48500 controller, SD solenoid and SD reversing contactor. I used 2 gauge wires that I made up myself since I have moved everything around and standard length wires won't work. Big, big difference, espically in torque. Let a buddy drive it last weekend and he screamed with excitement the whole time.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Flyer,

I just did this and am very glad I did. I went with 6 eight volts, Trogen T-875's, Scotty's SMP 48500 controller, SD solenoid and SD reversing contactor. I used 2 gauge wires that I made up myself since I have moved everything around and standard length wires won't work. Big, big difference, espically in torque. Let a buddy drive it last weekend and he screamed with excitement the whole time.

Same setup but made it easy and bought cables from scott also. In all expect about 1800-2000 for the batteries, charger, hd solenoid , hd fnr, cables, and controller. Contact Scottyb or cartsunlimited.net
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #17
Swervdriver
Not Yet Wild

I'm on the same fence with my 01 Txt. It just seems easier to buy a cart that is already 48v, and hopefully take advantage of newer technology and better handling go a newer cart.
Swervdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just beware that the battery terminals are on different places on 6 and 8 volt batteries when you order or make your cables. Decide which way you want to go before ordering cables.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #19
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Just beware that the battery terminals are on different places on 6 and 8 volt batteries when you order or make your cables. Decide which way you want to go before ordering cables.
Best advice! That mistake has been made a million times.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervdriver View Post
I'm on the same fence with my 01 Txt. It just seems easier to buy a cart that is already 48v, and hopefully take advantage of newer technology and better handling go a newer cart.
Be careful about this. Do your research. New or newer carts are almost all 48v but they are all trending to resist upgrades and/or user modification.

Older series or even sepex carts are much more upgradeable with lots of choices at comparably cheaper prices plus much more user friendly.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO