lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Hyundai G2 Kaw ZX6

Here's some info that might be of interest to you lucky Hyundai owners. Not much information on these things.
Installing a '93 ZX6E into a gas powered G2 Hyundai. Using the OEM Dana transaxle with a 530 chain drive.
Been on and off this project, but it is getting done...just slowly.
The pics show the rear suspension bumped up agains the frame so the engine is tilted forward since the shocks are not installed. Got to find a lift kit for the car. It would be OK without lifting, but that limits wheel and tire selection.
The pics show the radiator install too. Fretted over that thing for a bit and it just sorta fell onto the frame. Just too simple. Now if I could use the frame tubes for water lines....?! Ain't gonna happen, but it would be cool. Suppose I'll run a couple of 1" copper tubes beside the frame tubes. That'll keep them from being crushed. The Hyundai plastic front fender assembly fits nicely over the radiator with plenty of airflow. Will have to leave off the front center plastic suspension cover. Or cut it out.
Not sure of what to do with the oil cooler yet. Probably mount it next to the engine.
Hyundai seems to be a Yamaha knockoff, and a lot of Yamaha (G2?) parts will fit.
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1797.JPG (137.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1805.JPG (158.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1806.JPG (154.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1795.JPG (142.5 KB, 53 views)
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps