lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '06 Fairplay EZ puzzle

Last week a local villager called saying his 2006 Fairplay EZ had quit running after starting at high speed, forward or reverse at the slightest press of the pedal. I went to look at it and told him to clean up the batteries and fully charge it and I would get it in a few days. I don’t know how low he ran the batteries, but I gather he runs several days before charging.
I towed it home this morning and parked it on the driveway. A few minutes later I went out to begin looking for the problem. I decided to cycle the run/tow switch a few times and then try the cart.
When I put the cart in reverse I heard a beeping which I at first thought was a reverse signal. To my surprise the cart backed up slowly when I pressed the pedal. I switched to forward, heard the same sound and the cart moved at slow speed. I repeated about 6 times, moving about 3 ft each. By then the beeping had stopped.
I then proceeded to repeat this, instead moving about 25 ft. The cart worked smoothly with no more beeping. I then took the cart for about a 2.5 mile run at various speeds through the village and the cart performed flawlessly.
The controller I assume to be the original, Altrax DCX 300R7, dated 4/3/06. Batteries are about 4 yrs old. I found no evidence of bad or loose wires, connections.
I am puzzled. Will the controller shut down on low voltage condition? Reset on cycling the run/tow switch?
ardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
rosborne
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '06 Fairplay EZ puzzle

i have a fair play cart 48 volt and its stopping and starting have to switch the tow go switch back and forth and it will only go a few inches and stop .Did you get yours straitened out ?
rosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #3
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe the problem (for this cart) had been caused by improper charging.

Owner had been charging when cart it began to slow down. He had traveled too far from home and had to be towed home.
After checking the cart at his home I had him put it on charger for a day. I went the next day and not trying the cart, towed it home. Decided to try it and that is the facts in my original post.

I never received any replies/comments as you can see, so I don't know if the problem was caused by extreme low batteries.

Is there a lock out caused by extreme low batteries in the controller? Does toggling run/tow switch reset it? No one has answered that question.

I do think trying to run with a low voltage condition may damage a controller. Maybe the Fairlpay controller senses this and shuts down.

Are you batteries in good condition?
Will be interesting to see if we get any other replies.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

rosborn, Do you have the Altrax controller in our cart. I believe the controller I mentioned in my original post, Altrax DCX 300R7, indicated it had been made for Fairplay.

You might contact Altrax, https://alltraxinc.com/customer-support/ , with your question. They are very supportive, even to providing software for a laptop to plug into some of their controllers for troubleshooting.

I did not pursue them on this guys cart, because once he starting charging properly, I do not know that he had any more problems

Give Altrax a shout.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
rosborne
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! Mine has a kineteck controller .My *** sistant ha ha removed the wires from the run tow switch with out marking the switch wires are marked 0 2 3 and c anyone know where they go on the switch?Hellllllllp ha ha
Old 05-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #6
rosborne
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardb View Post
rosborn, Do you have the Altrax controller in our cart. I believe the controller I mentioned in my original post, Altrax DCX 300R7, indicated it had been made for Fairplay.

You might contact Altrax, https://alltraxinc.com/customer-support/ , with your question. They are very supportive, even to providing software for a laptop to plug into some of their controllers for troubleshooting.

I did not pursue them on this guys cart, because once he starting charging properly, I do not know that he had any more problems

Give Altrax a shout.
Mine has the Kinetek brand .i need to get the wiring strait on the tow run switch i did have forward and reverse upon reseting it but only have reverse now
Old 05-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #7
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe you can find something here https://www.***********.com/forum/fo...-resources.57/

I see several diagrams.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay