lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2021, 01:49 PM   #1
bpatera
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Gas Smell when running Yamaha FI cart

I have a 2016 Yamaha FI cart and ever since I purchased it (used) last year, I a burnt gas smell each time we ride it. I've replaced the spark plug and checked all hoses for a leak and cannot find anything that looks off.

My wife complains about the gas smell and now wants to sell ut and get an electric ... My brother has the same cart and does not experience this so I know something has to be off and don't want to have to pay for an evaluation if I can help it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Brian
bpatera is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2021, 02:04 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Smell when running Yamaha FI cart

Looking from under cart on your drivers side...there is an attachment that connects your muffler to the plastic cover under your motor...it connects with to your muffler with a large zip-tie and directs fumes out under cart near rear drivers tire...I'm willing to bet either the rubber piece connecting muffler to plastic cover is off/loose or missing completely letting fumes come straight up from under seat..
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:25 AM   #3
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Looking from under cart on your drivers side...there is an attachment that connects your muffler to the plastic cover under your motor...it connects with to your muffler with a large zip-tie and directs fumes out under cart near rear drivers tire...I'm willing to bet either the rubber piece connecting muffler to plastic cover is off/loose or missing completely letting fumes come straight up from under seat..
Not on a 2016
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:28 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I was assuming it was a 2017 with the 2016 manufacture date ...If indeed it doesn't have that set-up and just has muffler with no cover...Yamaha has a muffler extension that extends the exhaust and directs it behind drivers wheel instead of directly under driver and attaches with a hose clamp....
Old 07-01-2021, 06:34 AM   #5
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
I was assuming it was a 2017 with the 2016 manufacture date as there is no EFI breakdown for a 2016 on Yamaha parts manager...If indeed it doesn't have that set-up...Yamaha has a muffler extension that extends the exhaust and directs it behind drivers wheel instead of directly under driver and attaches with a hose clamp.....
YDRAX6F (YDRAX6F) JC24 2016 is an EFI car. So is the YDRAX6 PTV HSG (YDRAX6 PTV HSG) JC08 2016

It would be worth checking to see if the muffler gasket is leaking.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:37 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I realize those are EFI carts...and Thanks for the clarification...Now my fix and options still stands for each type...do you have a solution for the OP or....
Old 07-01-2021, 06:40 AM   #7
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
I realize those are EFI carts...and Thanks for the clarification...Now my fix and options still stands for each type...do you have a solution for the OP or....
Sorry. No harm intended.

I would check to see if the muffler is loose or the gasket is leaking.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:43 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Sorry. No harm intended.

I would check to see if the muffler is loose or the gasket is leaking.
Lol I'm just messing with ya its early here in Tampa so I'm just getting my coffee down, I'm not sure of the part number for the muffler extension but I'll try and track it down...we get a lot of this same complaint in the villages of the gas fumes rising just below driver...but def if the muffler is loose would cause same issue
Old 07-01-2021, 06:57 AM   #9
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK Update...I called our other location in the Villages and asked them for a part number for the extension...unfortunately that is something that my other dealership makes themselves to fix this issue it is not offered through Yamaha ... though it should be. If you determine this to be your issue and can't find anything wrong with cart... P.M. me and I'll send you specs of the extension or try and get one sent your way from my Webster location...
Old 07-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #10
bpatera
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks so much for the help! I will check this our shortly and add some pics to what the exhaust looks like. Thanks again!
bpatera is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha