lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
Gumbys69
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 goes into “idle” mode when driving

So my 95 has been working great up till now. When driving it at any speed it seems to sputter and die while driving but can still idle. When i step on the gas again it always starts but just stays at an idle and wont go anywhere no matter how hard i step on the gas pedal. If i wait a few seconds (5-7) it usually works again and i can drive it for a about 20-30 seconds until it happens again. I put it in neutral/test mode and it can rev up just fine but also does happen in this mode. It’s so random. Also when i start to die and lose power i do get some minor backfiring. When it dies it is stuck in idle mode like when you just barely press on the gas pedal. The only thing i have done is rinse the engine off over a week ago and its super hot and dry here and has worked fine till last night so i doubt that’s has anything to do with it. I also filled it right full with fuel (more than i ever have) but it does not seen to have any affect on it as there is always enough fuel in the filter etc. Has anyone seen anything like this? I’m scared to use it as it keeps dying and I have to limp it back. Hopefully this post made sense haha Thanks.
Gumbys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 goes into “idle” mode when driving

Clean out the carburetor. When you say it "idles" it is almost certainly not running, but rather just turning over on the starter.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
Gumbys69
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Clean out the carburetor. When you say it "idles" it is almost certainly not running, but rather just turning over on the starter.

Makes sense its just running on the starter. Ill check the fuel pump etc too for decent fuel delivery. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:37 PM   #4
Gumbys69
Not Yet Wild

Solved! The fuel tank was over full and causing a vapour lock. I have had it out 5 times now and it works perfectly!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car