lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #1
eschlange
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2010 G29 Making Grinding Noise From Rear

Hows it going guys, my 2010 G29 is making a slight grinding noise from the rear. I am suspecting bad outer axle bearings, but they don't appear to have any play in them when up on jack stands. Transaxle is a yellow tag, fluid was just replaced. Old fluid was pretty nasty but no chunks. Magnet on the drain plug had 1/4" of magnetic sludge stuck to it. No change after doing the fluid change. Any thoughts before i order bearings?
eschlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 G29 Making Grinding Noise From Rear

Grinding is probably coming from the outer axle bearings but you should be able to tell by listening on jack stands. They may not grind as much with no weight on them. I have a 2009 and 2012 with the same rear end but I have not had any bearing issues with mine. I have some driveline gear noise but that is pretty much normal for those rear ends I think.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:24 PM   #3
eschlange
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the input! I think I will go ahead and get some bearings coming and see if that makes my noise go away
eschlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:27 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just for giggles try spinning the collar that is between the rear hub and the transaxle housing...if the axle nut is not tight enough they free spin and make noise when you are driving cart...they should be tight and not spin if cart is not moving...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha