lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Default 1982 Ez Go roaring while driving

Hello all,
I've got a 1982 EzGo and have been noticing lately there's a bit of a roaring sound when picking up speed. It's kind of a hard to describe. It almost sounds like a scrubbing like sound when the tire pressures are out of sync. I checked the pressures and they were out of sync. I fixed them, but the problem is still there. The cart seems to be driving alright. The alignment is a little out if I let go of the wheel, but I figured it would be with the age. When I look at it head on it doesn't seem to be off with the front end compared to the back end, but again tough to really tell. I hope maybe somebody has been through something similar to this.
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1982 Ez Go roaring while driving

2 things come to mind..............1st signs of a clutch going bad or the rearend trying to tell you something..........have you ever changed the rearend lube? it might be wroth taking a peek you might be able to nip something in the bud............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

No , I,m not sure about how to change the rear end lube. I am kind of new to the carts. I hope it's not something too complicated. Are you talking about inside transmission between back axle. I looked back there and noticed a plug it looks like. It looks a little moist around the bolts, but not real wet. Maybe it's some kind of potential leak, but I haven't noticed any leaking coming from it. I sure hope it's not the clutch. I just got the cart running and was thinking I had a driven clutch problem. I got a new belt and it seems like it's been running fine, excpet for scrubbing like sounds when going faster.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just like a car rearend your cart has one ......there is lube in the pumpkin and if it gets to low it will start making a roaring noise...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I would get the back axle on stands and get someone to hold the throttle whilst you listen and see if you can pinpoint the noise. This will also rule out tire noise. If you want to change your axle oil and I recommend that you do, here is a nice article.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...a-rearend.html
Good Luck
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

I'm going to change it this weekend. thank you so much for the info on it and the materials used on it. This is the last $500 cart I will buy lol. I have been changing all kinds of things. It seems like it never ends. I just got a deal on a top for $25 with the back bars, but the top was a different one. It' meant for like a newer one like a 2007 and mine's an 82, so the bars at the back of the seats don't bolt right with the seat rest bars. I guess i'll have to look for a new seat rest and mounting brackets.That's my next task. It does seems to be running alright though for a cheap cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO