lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hyundai G2 Kaw ZX6

Had an idle moment and created a fuel sender for the tank. Pretty simple, but the float is a little "lazy" and the float volumn will have to be increased.
It works, but if fuel is added, the float won't follow the level until it's ridden and shook around a little. Reckon that shortening the arm has reduced the leverage of the float. I'll find a big fat boat gas tank float and swap them out.
The pix show a stock ZX6-E1 fuel tank pickup (upper right) and my modified unit (lower left). They were identical when the project began.
Still have a cable operated speedo that likely isn't going to be useable. The rest of the ZX instrument panel works. Tach, high/low, neutral, oil pressure idiot light, hazard lights and turn signals, engine temp, and fuel gage all work. A little neon behind the pod will finish it off!
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0126.jpg (68.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0123.jpg (103.6 KB, 12 views)
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
JRL
Gone Wild

If anyone has a Yamaha G2 (maybe G9), or a Hyundai G2 gas cart swing arm laying around that you want to sell, let me know. Probably end up in my "steel" pile, but might want to try to a sprocket drive. The Dana transaxle is going to get broke soon. Just going to happen.
It'll give me something to do when it gets too cold to be productive.
Been a little quiet lately...trying to get the cart ready for paint. This ABS plastic sucks. The plastic is generally in good condition, and it's solid when bolted onto the frame, but when removed from the cart, the plastic is so thin that whatever area is being worked on must be supported from the backside.
It doesn't sand and it doesn't cut cleanly with anything other than a box cutter, and wherever a logo or decal was located created a screwed area of high and low placed. Got it pretty well cleaned up and thinking about shooting it a couple of coats of urethane and block that down...? Without doing that, I don't think the flat areas will ever be reasonably flat. Especially the center of the "hood."

Still 'projecting!' JR
Old 01-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
ezgoin99
Not Yet Wild

Hey Great project i am looking to do basically the same swap on a 93 EZgo with a 97 zx6 motor. My question is does it make sense to reuse the stock differential or is it too limiting due to the low gear ratio. What is the maximum speed attainable with the stock diff. is it better to just direct drive the axles with a chain and sprocket.
ezgoin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoin99 View Post
Hey Great project i am looking to do basically the same swap on a 93 EZgo with a 97 zx6 motor. My question is does it make sense to reuse the stock differential or is it too limiting due to the low gear ratio. What is the maximum speed attainable with the stock diff. is it better to just direct drive the axles with a chain and sprocket.
If you're going for max performance, "direct" drive (ATV style) is definitely the way to go. If you want to keep reverse, well...the answer gets more complex and expensive.
The top speed of my cart is quick enough...probably about 70 mph. But a ZX6 is redlined at 13K (and I've got 12" wheels), so that's going to be screaming. Probably trash the chain and factory transaxle quick enough too. Up to a point, longer center to cente sprockets improve chain drive systems. Mine is too short. It won't take much abuse.
I've sorta not thought about it a lot during the winter, but I'm looking for a Yamaha swing arm in order to build a chain drive. What I've done is working OK, but the transaxle won't stand much ZX6 HP. A drag just waiting for it to break. And I'll break it soon enough. Probably. Another problem I've found is that the differential won't let any HP to the ground...when on grass or dirt, it just spins wheels. Like trying to accelerate on ice.
Ideally, a reversing sprocket assembly such as is used in desert racers and 'Busa/Smartcar conversions would be perfect, but they are not in my golf cart budget.
Good luck, JR
Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Nice to see you post again JRL, please don't stop, your a wealth of knowledge.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #26
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Nice to see you post again JRL, please don't stop, your a wealth of knowledge.
Thanks for the kind words! BTW, I was looking at various features of this board and noticed a PM that sorta got missed...it now has a response, a seriously belated response!?
Unfortunately, the North Carolina Board of Nursing made having to actually work as an RN part of keeping one's license....so I have un-retired and have a LOT less time than I once had.
Still, hate winter and will be reading and posting more with spring already here...about 60* outside...very nice!
Cheers, JR
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #27
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

subscribed; hope this is still in progress
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #28
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

how does the shifter work underneath? and how does it connect to the engine shifter? pics please thanks
dylan schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps