lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

Thanks a bunch man for the pics. Trying to invision in my head but the pics clear it up 100%. Thanks again
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #32
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Forgot to ask, did you use a spring compressor to get the tension off the front springs when adding the spacers??
Old 08-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #33
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

To remove the spring, at first I used a screwdriver as shown in a Jakes’s video on how to install heavy duty spring on the rear shocks. After installing the spacers with the extra tension I had to used a shop press I have that came from Harbor Freight. You can buy a spring compressor on line.
http://www.justgolfcarts.com/yashab.html
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #34
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

dbmachine here is the Jake's video on how to remove a stock spring.
http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...29-(pair)/6280
Old 08-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #35
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Thanks for the link
Old 08-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #36
Petesflht
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

New guy here.. 2011 Yamaha YDR.. If I install a 6" lift will the power suffer or decline? Is it mandatory / recommended to upgrade clutches, if so , then this should be the first upgrade? Thanks for any input.
Petesflht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #37
dbmachine
Gone Wild

When you add the lift you increase tires to 22-23" which cause a higher gear ratio. The increase rolling weight of the taller heavier tires robs power. The plus side is more top speed with taller tires but bottom and mid power where you use the cart 90% of the time suffers. If you don't pull loads, have steep hills or have no need for low/mid power then you will be fine with stock clutching. But if your like most on here and want the best possible setup to get the most out of your cart then clutch upgrades are a must. Take all the guess work out and call plowmans carts and ask to speak to don.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #38
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I just received a secondary sheave assembly from Boats.net to replace the worn one on my cart now. I have a 2011 YDRA and the secondary sheave is PN JW1-G6202-02-00, and is what I ordered,but what they sent me was the newer model secondary sheave PN JW8-G6202-22-00. Well these sheaves are different as Day and Night. I had already installed the torque spring in the old sheave and it has worked out well. I planned on swapping it out to the new sheave before installing it on the cart. The torque spring wasn’t designed for the new style sheave so I am not happy about that. After comparing the two sheaves the new one is 1” smaller in diameter than the original one, so I will be losing the low end torque on takeoff. Has anyone changed over to the JW8 sheave and how did it work out for you. I would welcome anyone’s comments, observations, or opinions on this matter. Thanks in advance.
Robert
Old 11-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #39
Raymo69
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi guys, new to the thread here. Have a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. I have a 2007 G29 gas, 6" lift, torque spring, and yes... A snow plow. I haven't been able to find a locking rear differential for this model because of the newer rear end/integrated brakes. Short of welding the axles (which I'm not going to do) anyone have any luck with finding a limited slip rear axle for this model? Thanks,
Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.7 KB, 0 views)
Raymo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #40
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There is none, and there will be none. The carrier has no room for a posi.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha