lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
Eggiefab411
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G9 valve guide replacement

Rebuilding my G9 engine, going through the head currently. The rebuild kit that I purchased came with new valve guides as well as TWO valve seals. I've read before else where the G9 only uses one seal on the intake valve. Anyway... I'm replacing the guides as well. Pressed them out and made reference to their height from the valve cover surface. (They both were oddball heights in relation to each other.) I'm curious to know if anyone has had first hand experience replacing these? The manual has no information on it NOR did I find anything on the clips that hold the guides in.

Thanks in advance

Egghead
Eggiefab411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Eggiefab411
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G9 valve guide replacement

Just so everyone is aware and for future reference, there are clips that go on the valve guides. Guides press in until they seat on these clips.

To install the guides I heated my kitchen oven to 450 degrees and put the head in for about 20 minutes (it will burn off any oil, clean it up before doing so) put the guides in the freezer over night. Take head out WITH GLOVES and the guides should push right in. Do it fast because the guides with suck the heat out quickly!

Anyhow..

Egghead
Eggiefab411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
DieselSJ
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G9 valve guide replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggiefab411 View Post
Just so everyone is aware and for future reference, there are clips that go on the valve guides. Guides press in until they seat on these clips.

To install the guides I heated my kitchen oven to 450 degrees and put the head in for about 20 minutes (it will burn off any oil, clean it up before doing so) put the guides in the freezer over night. Take head out WITH GLOVES and the guides should push right in. Do it fast because the guides with suck the heat out quickly!

Anyhow..

Egghead

Great info. I'll be doing this very soon.
DieselSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha