lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default 2013 RXV Curtis: Throttle wiper fault

This one has me genuinely stumped. First it was just random and you could switch key off and back on a few times and it ran fine, until you stop.

In history on the handheld I have just 'Throttle wiper'

Swapped out the little potentiometer with THREE (count 'em) new sensors, I know it's not the sensor, now it won't run OR push in N(On) in TOW, with the active fault showing 'throttle wiper'

Pedal is NOT sticking, I have swapped:

Pedal microswitch, brake microswitch, both brake and throttle pots, wiring harness and controller. I have pretty much eliminated any chance this code should be coming up at all, yet it does.

In TOW and N it releases the brake, but any attempt to push it you can feel the regen stopping you, which is not only odd but new to me. You have to swap the red connectors under the cover for the controller to move the cart at all.

My handheld (dealer 1311-3301) is a pile of excrement, so all it shows are the counters, showing hundreds of counts for 'throttle wiper' on the old controller, and a few dozen for the new one, which is about how many attempts to run the car I've done. It shows the microswitch inputs, key inputs, and brake pot inputs all normal, as well as normal voltages across the board, but of course the fault is causing the throttle command area to show 0% so I can't tell what is exactly going on. I'd love to have an OEM one and bypass this error as there is nothing wrong with the sensors!!!

These Curtis RXVs are becoming more common and with them, so are my migraines. I had the Danahar versions pretty much licked until they had to change them AGAIN! Really what EZGO has been doing (did they fire their old team and hire monkeys?) lately is ticking me off to no end.

Edit: under monitor it shows command throttle 0% regardless of pedal position (probably caused by fault) but under mapped throttle it shows negative 100%. Should this be zero too?
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO