lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default 08 ST 2+2 gas belt

A customer bought a 08 ST 2+2 with the kaw eng back in Jan 09. he had a 04/05 Club car, and is saying that this cart does not have the power as his Club car. I have his club car here, and I it a piece, frt end worn out and all. Hard to get running and then it runs like crap.

Any way on to my question. The Ezgo has about 1 inch less grnd clearance than the club car at the belt. He states that a slight bit of water the ezgo stops (belt slips). Is there a shorter belt or diff betl I can put on here to try and make this cart perform as well as he says his club car does. He uses this ting for hunting and just hates it. Does anybody ahave any advise I can tell him. I do not deal in Club car, so they are a different breed to me. I personally hate them. I have 1 elec and 1 gas here, and IMO they are JUNK.

Thanks for any help. sorry for the long post.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 08 ST 2+2 gas belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
A customer bought a 08 ST 2+2 with the kaw eng back in Jan 09. he had a 04/05 Club car, and is saying that this cart does not have the power as his Club car. I have his club car here, and I it a piece, frt end worn out and all. Hard to get running and then it runs like crap.

Any way on to my question. The Ezgo has about 1 inch less grnd clearance than the club car at the belt. He states that a slight bit of water the ezgo stops (belt slips). Is there a shorter belt or diff betl I can put on here to try and make this cart perform as well as he says his club car does. He uses this ting for hunting and just hates it. Does anybody ahave any advise I can tell him. I do not deal in Club car, so they are a different breed to me. I personally hate them. I have 1 elec and 1 gas here, and IMO they are JUNK.

Does it already have the extreme duty belt? The one with the cogs on the top and bottom. BTW, the Club Cars are just as worthy as the Ez Go's and Yammy's...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 ST 2+2 gas belt

Quote:

I think that guy must be on drugs!!! Those Kow motors are awesome.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm on drugs too then Wait, ..... that's just residual effects
I like the 2 cylinder better than the 1 lunger
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I enjoy the twin also thats what I have in my personal cart, but you can't tell me that the 9hp KOW is a better motor than the 13hp, and the 9hp will out perform the 13hp.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
I enjoy the twin also thats what I have in my personal cart, but you can't tell me that the 9hp KOW is a better motor than the 13hp, and the 9hp will out perform the 13hp.
The 9hp Kaw is a better motor than the 13hp, and the 9hp will out perform the 13. There, I done it. Now what?

I thought you went into some kinda drug induced coma or somethin'... Where ya been?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Does anybody ahave any advise I can tell him.
Tell him to get rid of it, no point having a cart you hate......
It's my understanding you can adjust the throttle cable to wake up the engine.
Don't know about the belt on those carts
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nope just bored and back to drinkin!!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
Nope just bored and back to drinkin!!
If that's what it takes ta drink, then I must be bored all the time.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #10
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry I call it a KOW because that's what my dad used to call his dirt bike that he raced back in the hayday.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO