lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
dzig_33
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 91 G8 using oil

I have a 91 G8 with CPP governor spring that is not screwed in all the way. I am having to add about 1/3 qt of oil for approximately every hour of run time. It does not smoke bad, but there is a little. I haven't checked compression or pulled the plug since last spring. No oil in the air box. It runs and starts well, so I don't really think it is burning that much oil. I don't see any place leaking oil either. Is there any other place for the oil to go?
dzig_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: 91 G8 using oil

If it's not leaking out or filling up the air box, then it has to be burning it.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

1/3 quart of oil every hour is a lot of oil in my opinion. If it isn't visible anywhere, then it is burning it.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzig_33 View Post
I have a 91 G8 with CPP governor spring that is not screwed in all the way. I am having to add about 1/3 qt of oil for approximately every hour of run time. It does not smoke bad, but there is a little. I haven't checked compression or pulled the plug since last spring. No oil in the air box. It runs and starts well, so I don't really think it is burning that much oil. I don't see any place leaking oil either. Is there any other place for the oil to go?
That really seems like alot of oil lose in a short period of time. Many times the side case gasket "blows out" between the 2 bolts (between the oil filler neck and dipstick area) , but you would have to see oil/sludge/dirt in that area. You said it doesn't smoke bad.....It shouldn't smoke at all. If you like your car and don't want to change engines...maybe a good time to rering/valve job....after that should run for years with normal maintanance. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha