lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
Skulkingghost
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Venting Garage - electric Charging Setting off Carbon Monoxide detector

Charging my cart and my homes carbon monoxide detectors keep going off. I read the thread here and one on Facebook. Has anyone come up with a good way to vent their garage? I tried cracking the door with a 3000 cfm fan blowing from the front of the garage out and that doesn’t seem to be working. Should I position the fan at the door pushing out? Hadn’t heard of this issue before but driving me nuts. May just start charging it during the day outside the garage.
Skulkingghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Venting Garage - electric Charging Setting off Carbon Monoxide detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkingghost View Post
Charging my cart and my homes carbon monoxide detectors keep going off. I read the thread here and one on Facebook. Has anyone come up with a good way to vent their garage? I tried cracking the door with a 3000 cfm fan blowing from the front of the garage out and that doesn’t seem to be working. Should I position the fan at the door pushing out? Hadn’t heard of this issue before but driving me nuts. May just start charging it during the day outside the garage.
Just came across this....and hope this helps..

https://www.campercommunity.com/foru...-detector.html

Another reference:

False positives co monitors on hydrogen fla battery gassing

https://hawkequip.com/hydrogen-gas-f...onoxide-alarm/
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:22 PM   #3
Skulkingghost
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Venting Garage - electric Charging Setting off Carbon Monoxide detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Just came across this....and hope this helps..

https://www.campercommunity.com/foru...-detector.html

Another reference:

False positives co monitors on hydrogen fla battery gassing

https://hawkequip.com/hydrogen-gas-f...onoxide-alarm/
Thank you! Reading through both now!
Skulkingghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #4
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Just curious did you get a resolve on this so you can continue to charge your new cart indoors ?
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Thank you! Reading through both now!
Many are more annoyed than anything because the detector keeps going off. However it actually very important when the alarm goes off.. When charging your batteries hydrogen gas is being released. Hydrogen is extremely flammable. I hope you find a solution.
Here’s another article that does a good job of explaining the issue.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...emplate=ampart
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts