lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
Virjose
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with 2011 FairPlay electric cart

Hi everyone,

I hope you and your family are doing well during this time. I have a 2011 FairPlay six seater 48V. Have had it for a month with new batteries and it has worked flawlessly. Yesterday I was driving down with the kids and had to stop to check on something that we thought had fallen from the back. Pulled over, put the cart on parking brake while leaving it on, got back in the cart and pressed accelerator to release the parking brake and got going fine for about 20ft, after that the cart hesitated and started going super slow. Was able to get back home and started checking all connections, nothing seems obvious. Noticed though that when I turn off and turn back on from time to time it will start at regular speed, no issues, and then it will kick into the slow mode. Reverse seems to work OK but going forward is slow. It also sometimes kicks into regular speed out of nowhere and then slow down again.

Another random thing I noticed (could've been bad since last time I checked a week ago or so) is that the brake lights no longer work when I press the brake pedal. Checked connections and it seems fine. Strange that all I did was put it in parking brake, get going again, and this started happening. Checked the "electronic footpedal" which I also notices was apparently replaced in 2016 as that is the date of manufacture of the part (Curtis EFP713-0502) and everything seems connected and tied down.

Thanks in advance for any insights as well as info on where I can find/buy a replacement speed sensor for this FairPlay cart as I can't find anything online!
Virjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts