lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
LABELEDX
Not Yet Wild

Default G8 valve guide removal

Is there a special tool to remove the snap ring on top of the valve guide?
LABELEDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G8 valve guide removal

I don't remember a "snap ring" on the valve guides? But then again, I can't remember ever changing them. I think they are "pressed" in and you'd probably want a machine shop to do it. I would be more concerned with the valves and valve stem seals. Yami's only came with a seal on the intake, but the head and valve guides are machined to alow seals on both. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
LABELEDX
Not Yet Wild

Yes, on top of the guide there is a keeper ring. The valve has alittle play in the guide, so I was wanting to replace the guide. And on the valve seals... I am putting one on each valve. I have done a complete piston,rod,ring job on this thing and it still smokes. I put exactly one quart of oil in it and oil was being pumped into the airbox also. I noticed the air box is missing two rubber latches so I ordered more so I can get the right seal on the airbox.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABELEDX View Post
Yes, on top of the guide there is a keeper ring. The valve has alittle play in the guide, so I was wanting to replace the guide. And on the valve seals... I am putting one on each valve. I have done a complete piston,rod,ring job on this thing and it still smokes. I put exactly one quart of oil in it and oil was being pumped into the airbox also. I noticed the air box is missing two rubber latches so I ordered more so I can get the right seal on the airbox.
Is your cart lifted? I can't seem to find valve guide replacement procedure in the service manual. I'll take a look at the shop tommarrow. Where you located?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
LABELEDX
Not Yet Wild

Cart is lifted 7.5 inches in back....Im in Dallas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha