lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Default Robin EC25-2PG motor sputtering, choke helps

I have a Robin EC25-2PG, engine sputters and stalls. It will run when the choke is applied, but have to keep playing with it. I checked the air filter, changed the plug, but still same. I am pretty sure the problem is in the carb, but have no idea how to service that. I messed with dirt bikes several years ago, and they usually just needed a good cleaning, but wondering if this is the same and how the fuel pump works on this? Seems like either could possibly cause this. The fuel filter stays full, so I am thinking the pump is working ok, but on the carb, do I just drop the bowl off the bottom and clean it up, or is there more to it than that?

Thanks for any help you can give.

DDW4170
ddw4170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Robin EC25-2PG motor sputtering, choke helps

I just checked compression both forward and reverse are well over 100psi, I then took it for a ride with the seat off(not a very comfortable ride), but it ran fine, I did notice that the fuel filter started out full, but went empty as I was driving, would that mean the fuel pump is not keeping up? Also has a lot of noise from the clutch or rear end, not real sure but I think clutch. This time I never had to touch the choke, it fired right up and ran fine.

DW
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone tell me how to clean the carb?
Old 06-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
wslonger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The fuel filter on my '84 is almost always 1/2 empty and mine runs fine. To clean the carb you need to remove it and disassemble it completely use compressed air to blow out all orifices not really difficult but need to take your time and make sure you have a clean surface to work on.
wslonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
jetdriver
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If it is the same as the motor in the 96-99 txt the carb isn't that bad to clean. I am not a pro or anything, but I remove the carb completely and disassemble the whole thing. The bowl comes off allowing acces to the main jet and the what i believe is the pilot jet is hiding under the only other screw on carb. Give those two jets a good cleaning and put it back together has always worked for me. If it is real gummy yamaha makes a awesome carb cleaner. the directions say mix it with gas but us water instead and wear gloves.
jetdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know where I can get a manual or directions for adjusting the carb and for dis-assembling and cleaning?

DW
Old 06-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Also, what kind of oil goes in the rear end? Is it regular 90w like a car?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #8
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

I can take the carb off, anyone willing to clean and repair? I will pay shipping both ways and pay for your time. I just don't want to mess this up, I tried to rebuild a rochester four barrell once, didn't turn out well. I can do a 2 barrell pretty easy, setting the float always gave me problems. Or maybe someone has a carb that will work on this that I can purchase reasonable. Kids love the cart, we live about 2 blocks from teh park and my wife works at a head start which is in the same parking lot, it would be nice to get it running for them.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
shaggy
Getting Wild

Dont feel bad about not getting a rochester carb to run right not many people can. the hardest part of rebuilding/cleaning your carb is already done ...worrying about doing it right: very few parts to them and as long as you dont bend or break something you will be alright...my daughter thought the same thing, now she does it all the time....shag...
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Best bet is to just replace it. The issue my carb had was leaking around the throttle shaft which there was no repair. Jack up the rear of the cart, put it on jack stands, start the engine and take carb cleaner and spray it by the throttle shaft and see if the rpm changes and smoothes out. If it does the the bushings of the shaft or the shaft itself is worn and there is no repair for that.

I got mine from everything carts (site sponsor) and all my issues went away.

Good luck.
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO