lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Throttle fault on the Curtis Controller 1268

Has anyone experienced a Throttle fault on the Curtis Controller 1268? I read somewhere tonight it could be from applying the throttle before the controller is fully powered after turning the key on. This has happened to me many times and after waiting a few seconds the cart will start moving. Seems I may be applying the throttle to fast. Being I have the hand held programmer I checked the faults menu and its reading Throttle fault. Anyone experienced this or have any idea? Gonna try taking my time doing this when I get home from work. If the rain ever stops.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Carryone
Getting Wild

Default Re: Throttle fault on the Curtis Controller 1268

Hi

maybe you have a fault foot switch
and controller will not send -48volt to main contactor
Carryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

So..... I brought my cart back to my dealer and he replaced the entire throttle box below the floor board. The controller still shows a throttle fault except for when the pedal is pressed down and cart is moving. At least this is what he is telling me. He tried to clear the fault with the programer but wasn't successful. He has a call into tomberlin but is stumped on issue. Waiting on tomberlin. Ugh! Anyone have a clue what's happening here? Oh and the new box and componets are working fine. Hasn't stuck once yet. Help me help him. Haha!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
Blainy
Not Yet Wild

Wondering if JayLow123 has fixed this issue with the throttle?
I am experiencing the exact same thing but now the cart wont go at all.
This problem was intermittent at first but now is a permanent issue.
Wondering if this is a computer fault?
Anyone know?
Blainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Blainy, under the floor board is the Throttle Positioner. The exact same thing happen to me but we fixed mine before it actually quit all together. The first one that he replaced was bad, go figure. Not sure if it was ever really changed out. What he didn't know at first is I had the software to see if it was still in fault mode. After doing alot of research i found out that the switch under the floor board can be sticking causing issues. Not sure what caused it on mine but now mine is bran new.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
doc1newell
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem with this controller on a Zone vehicle.it will initially accelerate for about 10 feet, then go to slow mode. If I toggle the tow switch, I get another 10 feet before slow mode. The fault light blinks 1-3. I have looked at the throttle unit under the floor and all seems well although I can't verify if the pot is working right.
doc1newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
mattoxh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I recently installed a new Curtis 1268 controller. The old controller was flashing fault code 1-2 before it was replaced. The new code was flashing 1-2 as well. I replaced the ITS and the controller continues to flash 1-2. I tried to clear the code with a handheld programmer but the controller continues to flash 1-2. The cart runs fine. Any ideas.
mattoxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #8
ryonsdad
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Throttle fault on the Curtis Controller 1268

I'm having same issue with 1,2 code in Curtis 1268-5403. Takes off great then slows to a stop. Release and slowly get into throttle but will not get to potential speed again. Curtis shows throttle input wire open, throttle input wire shorted to B+ or B-, or throttle pot defective. Cannot find any opens or shorts. So I'm leaning toward throttle potentiometer. Anyone else heard this? Got to be cheaper than replacing Controller w/same code setting. Running 09 Ruff n Tuff 48 volt.
ryonsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I've had a bad speed sensor on these cause it to throw a throttle fault error, it will almost always go either to slow speed limp mode or completely shut down after you reach 14MPH. Sometimes a bad or failing motor will do this too, you'll hear sparks or sizzling as it tries to move.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts